• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

OpticsPlanet Shipping Time?

I have ordered from them in the past, never had an issue. They are not the quickest to ship but reasonable. It important to note that many businesses are being impacted by the cv19 situation. Many are short staffed or over extended with high demand. The impact can be worse depending on were you are geographically too.
Midway has always been good for me as has Brownells.

I have only had two transactions with OpticsPlanet, both times I got what I paid for - a holster and a pack.

That said, their shipping times are quite lengthy - in both cases, it took close to three weeks. I chalked it up to simply going with the least expensive option. After I purchased the pack (at almost $100 less than anywhere else), I did some digging because something felt weird. They don't have a particularly good reputation online and their BBB reviews are less than stellar. They have a nasty habit of listing inventory as in stock and not letting you know until well after you've placed your order and you start asking questions. Just about in every case though, customers either got their item or were refunded.

Just be prepared for possible wait times - the pandemic only exacerbates that.

I was looking for a few Ruger mags a couple weeks ago. All the major suppliers said either “out of stock” or “back order”. Optics Planet appeared to have them. I ordered two; email they sent me says back order. I called and cancelled. I would never order from them again, unless I called first, and asked, “are you sure “ you have them?

I ordered from them last fall and immediately canceled when it was revealed that they didn't actually have the item and the item wouldn't be available until the manufacturer shipped it, which could take as long as 3 weeks and/or be canceled without notice if the manufacturer didn't have any in-stock. All of this AFTER accepting money. They did refund, but that took 7 days or so to process. The refund should have been immediate. In other words, in some cases, OpticsPlanet only markets for manufactures via their website while posing as a retailer. They don't say that on the listings. Hence, the shipping time frames. They don't really know when a manufacturer will have stock to ship. I frown on this practice, but it is a common e-comm practice. Usually the more professional e-comm companies who do this have much better/tighter stock management and synthesis software and they're transparent about the practice.

Good to know.
I ordered a die set from Optics Planet almost a week ago and it hasn’t moved yet.

I ordered a holster from them a few years back and IIRC shipping seemed to take a few extra days, but it wasn’t Massdrop slow.

I’ve put in two orders from Brownells in the last two weeks. They shipped within a day or two (regular shipping). I’ve always been pleased with Brownells when they have something in stock, but sometimes their inventory seems limited.

Midway is kind of a joke. It’s taken them 10 days to process my order. I know there is a lot going on, so I get it. But when you factor in one can’t cancel or change their order from the moment it’s placed, it’s kinda crappy. Unless they have a free shipping code, the charge a lot for S&H too. They’ve had slow shipping on my orders in the past also.

Just a follow-up.
I received my OpticsPlanet shipment today, ordered March 28.

Everything was as advertised.
There was a coupon inside (idk why pic flipped)

638ECF76-D9D2-4CBF-8EC9-FF0A243DB7DF.jpeg

Have used them more than a dozen times without a problem but we have been waiting for some things from them too. Usually we get their packages in a couple day but I think we are a couple weeks out right now.

I've had good luck with them in the past. I placed another order with them today and hopefully my luck will hold.

As vast as their online catalog it, it probably take them DAYS to find what you ordered lol Current events probably got em way behind but I’ve never bought from them. I’ll note this though!

I've had good luck with them in the past. I placed another order with them today and hopefully my luck will hold.
It has been over two weeks since I placed my order and I have only received one of the five items I ordered. I have placed orders with several other online merchants since then and received all of them either promptly or with minimal delay. I just wanted to post an update since I was supportive of them in my initial post. My apologies for misleading people.

Back