Ordering a Koyote...

Hi All -

I am new here. I was just wondering if anyone has ordered a knife from the website? If so, about how long does it typically take to get an order acknowledged and then completed? Just trying to get an understanding of what to expect.

Thanks!!

Depends how busy Christof is. It would be best to contact him via email to get a better idea of what he currently has going on.

Thanks for the reply. I have sent emails, but unanswered. I am sure Christof is really busy. Has anyone else had any luck using email to communicate or have any "pro" advice?

I have tried to contact him lately too and have received no reply. Not sure what is going on.....just goat problems and nothing too serious I hope...?

I spoke with him briefly today, looks like there may be email issues with the website. It is being looked into. As far as regular emails, he is REALLY busy and I'm sure he will play catch up as soon as he is able. Unless I'm mistaken the website says 2-3 months for orders, I'd say that is probably close to accurate.

Last edited:
Good stuff, and he is very good to talk to and get your ideas from. I also have not been able to contact him, but as said before, he does get busy with the farm and family. I have three of his works, I have a great basin bushcrafter that I thought the handle would be too short, but like Christof says on his site, a bigger fatter handle is good, and after holding the handle of mine, it just feels right in the hand, very comfortable and stout.

Good stuff, and he is very good to talk to and get your ideas from. I also have not been able to contact him, but as said before, he does get busy with the farm and family. I have three of his works, I have a great basin bushcrafter that I thought the handle would be too short, but like Christof says on his site, a bigger fatter handle is good, and after holding the handle of mine, it just feels right in the hand, very comfortable and stout.

I remember getting my GBB and thinking = it would be perfect with a 1/2" more handle...then I used it! Thing is perfect!

My exact thought as stated above, and myGBB has a higher grind so it is wickedly sharp for finer cutting. I got a FKUK with parachord wrap with the scandivex grind, it also is sharp! I was trying to get Christof to attach walnut scales to it for me, to give me the same good handle feel as my GBB.

Get used to waiting.

I've been waiting 6 months for a knife and haven't heard anything from him in 5 1/2 months.

I've given up and moved on. A shame really, it looks like he makes some really nice knives.

Hope your experience is better.

Back