Orders and Payment

Bawanna

We're all aware of how kind and considerate Yangdu is when it comes to taking care of us and all her customers. Often at a loss to herself. She ships incredibly fast and is totally devoted to keeping us happy at all cost.

That being said when you claim a Deal of the Day or place an order it's imperative that you make arrangements for payment. She will already be packing your item and will be waiting for shipping instructions and payment. On days she post deals, she's usually around and will respond. If your requesting an item days later she might not be and might take a bit to respond but she will as soon as she can. On occasion some emails don't get through to her, not often but sometimes. If you don't get a response, let me know and I'll play middle man or you can always call which might be a better solution.

In the past she often times didn't even wait for payment and shipped. She's very trusting, perhaps too trusting and she got burned a few times.
I've strongly suggested, no shipment until she sees loot.

Recently an order was placed, buyer advised knife was his, additional items were ordered and all packaged up but no payment, no email response. So today she had to send an email that the items would no longer be held for him.

So just a kind heads up. When you claim something and get the done deal, make arrangements with Yangdu for payment. If you need time, this should be arranged and requested before you stake a claim. This is a case by case basis and she's not obligated to hold for future payment. Again it's a kindness she extends "sometimes".

Have a nice day.

fair enough
honestly never consider a deal done or a blade mine
till I PAY FOR IT
can not blame anybody but yourself if you dont pay for your toys

Sounds crappy, but if you cant buy it when it's on the DOD then don't claim it!! You are not helping Auntie and HI by screwing her over, and she is very good to us and it kinda ticks me off for anyone to take advantage of her. There could be someone who wanted to buy it but was beat out by a shark with no cash, not cool.

I agree with the others. If you don't have it (cash), then don't EMS for it. You are just taking it from someone else why may want it, and has the funds to pay for it.

If you really, really want it, and don't have the funds immediately available, try to contact auntie, and see if other arrangements can be made. Maybe so, maybe not, regardless, it isn't your call to say whether an arrangement must be made or not, remember that! Also, if you make an arrangement, please "keep to it", your "word" is your bond. We are all adults here, please act like one.

Yep. If you can't pay, then don't play. She goes way out of her way to keep us happy. It's a two way street. Don't abuse it.

This is the same reason the fabled "break it, and get two free" guarantee on the chiruwa went away. Morally bankrupt individuals would buy a lightly used AK on the bay for pennies on the dollar. They would then take a 6 or 8' cheater bar to snap the knife in a vice. This would result in them contacting Uncle Bill and Yangdu and getting two brand new knives at very little cost to them and negative profit to HI.

The ugly truth of business is that you always have to assume you are dealing with the lowest common denominator and be OK with taking a chance on that. Yangdu is a saint with patience I could never hope to posess.

Yangdu assumes she's dealing with the highest common denominator and the majority of the time she is, but occasionally she gets took. I'm far too trusting myself as I assume most of us are. That's the way it really should be but alas not always the case.
No good and I don't like it one tiny little bit.
There's a special place for folks that abuse my Yangdu. I'd love to arrange travel plans for them.

Quido

If you honestly cannot honor your deal, Mrs. Martino needs to be informed ASAP. She will work with you. BUT! Should you be so crude as to screw Mrs. Martino over, you need to avoid this Forum.....Karma. It comes toYOU.

If this is about me, I was in hospital until today after I crashed my car down a small ravine while managing NOT to run over a little boy who was practically jumping into my way from out of nowhere. Car a write-off, me with a broken lower leg (Maisonneuve-fracture) and some cuts and bruises. Thanks God, the boy is all fine.

PA215034-1-1-307230720512-3072x3072.jpg

I contacted Yangdu right now by email. I am not sure if the knife, my Topi and the shawl are still available, but of course I will stand to my word, even if it is a little bit difficult financially now because of what happened.

I'll just ask if they are still for sale. Sure hope they are.

If this is about me, I was in hospital until today after I crashed my car down a small ravine while managing NOT to run over a little boy who was practically jumping into my way from out of nowhere. Car a write-off, me with a broken lower leg (Maisonneuve-fracture) and some cuts and bruises. Thanks God, the boy is all fine.

PA215034-1-1-307230720512-3072x3072.jpg

I contacted Yangdu right now by email. I am not sure if the knife, my Topi and the shawl are still available, but of course I will stand to my word, even if it is a little bit difficult financially now because of what happened.

I'll just ask if they are still for sale. Sure hope they are.
Praying for your swift recovery. Glad you are OK.

P.S.: I had the wonderful Sirupati I ordered some weeks ago in the trunk of the car because I collected it at the Post Office an hour earlier. Car got towed, me and my wife got transported into hospital.

Today after getting discharged from hospital I finally managed to open the package.

It was comforting it didn't got stolen at the junkyard. :) It's a beauty, of course.

In all it's glory in front of a so-called Paubha Thangka, a Nepali Buddhist Scroll Mandala. Hand painted by a Thangka Master from the Chitrakar Caste in Bhaktapur.

Everything Nepali artisans make, if the are able to make the way they learned it and don't have to make concessions because of little funds , is a piece of art, regardless if it is about Kamis or Chitrakars (painters).

DSC00350.jpg

Last edited:
This would be an unavoidable situation that could happen to anyone. In fact I wondered if something bad hadn't befallen you.
If it isn't still available and I think it might be but if it's not I'll make you another one first proper piece of antler that comes my way and I get my hands on a Sarge knife.
Might be difficult to duplicate the stand (came from my first deer) but I have hopefully some more deer antler coming from Missouri with my son tomorrow.

Hope you and the wife get well soon and everything works out ok.

Thank God the little boy was unharmed. It's amazing how human reflexes can respond in moments of great stress. Bravo!

Glad your Wife was safe and you are home. Prayers for your speedy recovery.

Beautiful knife! God bless. I'm glad you, your family and the boy are okay. Cars and other things are replaceable, people are not. :thumbsup:

Sure messed you car up didn't it? Certainly no lack of first responders, I see at least 18 guys. Sure don't see that around here.

It's a good looking piece. Never know if it will make a nice handle till you match it up to a knife.
Sometimes there just isn't a big enough straight section or the diameter is too big or small.

It will always work for something, just need the right something to come along.

Did not expect this turn in direction, maybe when a shark fails to deliver on an order we should be calling emergency response!

I contacted Yangdu yesterday, but I got no reply till now. Looking forward to hear from her.

Thanks, Bawanna, for your offer. I hope it is not needed. :)

And thanks, guys, for your encouraging posts. Much appreciated.

Back