Origins of EtremaRatio, please

The only thing I know about this company and its knives is what I have read in a knife magazine not so long ago.

First, I admit that the Extrema knives have got that "rugged look."

I would like to know is, currently it is predominant in which region? Which direction is it heading and where it intends to focus on in the distant future.

Who are some of the people using Extrema knives? It would be great if we can have some kind of picture archive where we can have a closer look at the range of Extrema knives.

P.S. Surely, you can't be that Frank Miller of the Daredevil fame!
If you are, you are my hero! :)

Golok,

Sorry...I am not famous...just a nobody from nowhere. BUT, I am my own boss and have most of my weekends off! (Could'nt resist the Dudley Moore reference).
I will post all the information you request in the very near future as its own thread. I will also try to establish a picture gallery or site for everyone to reference...I have some really cool pics of the Italian Col Moschin Unit in training.

Dear Frank,

Your company is new to me and I look forward to the gallery! I do notice that you are in Springfield MO...my hometown! This is cool. I resided in the S.E. area near the country club.

Will have to swing by my next time through.

Kind regards,

Sabo,

You are welcome to stop by and I look forward to meeting you...small world!!
EVERYBODY is welcome!!
Since I sell Italian knives I also serve Expresso coffee...seems appropriate to me!

I will ask this vaguely as to not expose names...

You wouldn't happen to have a twin brother would you? I just so happen to know some Millers in your area.

At any rate, love the knives I seen so far looking through the threads and look forward to it!

;)

It seems every month or so, I find another person from around the area that I live.

If this keeps up, I'm starting a dang knife club!

Mr. Miller,

Now, let me get this straight.

You sell hard use knives, you outfit Italian forces and you serve Expresso. Why don't I know you?

FYI, I've been a serious collector since 1996. I am now a loyal Strider client, so it is with great pleasure I seek to learn more about your knives. It is common to have a disreputable gaggle of flotsam in my home, huddled around an Edge Pro. As is my heritage, I fix cappuccino or latte's while my lovely wife cooks dinner.

It is often joked that I am more dangerous with a pasta fork than any edged weapon.

Salut. I'd like to follow your progress. Ciao.

Ichabob,

Welcome to the forum! If I can help with any info please let me know.
I thought it would be neat to serve Italian coffee in an Italian knife shop...besides I love it...I have just figured out why I stay wired all day!
If you are going to Blade stop by and see me! I hope you become a loyal Extrema client one day. I like Striders too!

Frank,

If you're going to have the espresso/capucino machine fired up at your booth at the Blade Show, I'll be sure to make it my first stop. Nothing like a little go-go juice to start the show off right.

But how can I handle sharp knives while my hands are shaking?

See you in Atlanta,

Jubei

Okay, here's an idea. How about guessing the final total of visitors to the upcoming Blade Show in Atlanta.

The closest figure will do. The lucky winner gets one of your beautiful knives.

Mr. Miller,
Do you make the knives in Springfield? I really like the looks of your blades. Can you tell us a bit more about the locking mechanism of the folders?
Thanks
Luke

Lukers,
Please pardon my delayed response...been at Blade all week.

All ER knives are made in Prato Italy...they are just imported to Springfield,
The locking system on the folder is a BACK LOCK with a "Cross Bolt" Safety...it works just like a crossbolt safety on a shotgun...you can lock the blade open to make a fixed blade or lock it closed to prevent any opening!

Hi Frank,

Perhaps I can be of assistance with an idea for the knife promo/giveaway....

Why not offer a free knife along these lines?

On this site an the others that you work with offer a free knife to the person that comes up with the best improvement to one of your knives....

Then go a step further if you want- Have the winner's design improvement incorporated into a limited run where they get to choose the designation of the knife. i.e.- If I come up with a way to incorporate some extremely cool feature into say, the Doberman, and I win. Then the production run would use the name I designate after the model name ( I have a Doberman Pinscher and work with them so let's say I want to name the knife after my dog, Baron. The knife would be the K1 Doberman "Baron" or whatever the winner chooses )

Here is what you get- TONS of people giving your knives a good, long look. TONS of feedback regarding your knife designs and what people do and do not like about them as well as what they would improve upon.

This gives you great market awareness and allows you to tap into the cumulative hundreds of years of experience of the good folks on this and other boards. That will allow you to sell more knives and with the input make better knives.

And what does it cost?

A knife. Well, OK, better make that 2 'cause I will be happy to trade you the above idea for a Harpoon F with the camo finish.;)

Todd

Back