Osprey K/T Sales Thread 01/17/17 (Sold Out)

Claimed via PM

Warthog -
3/32" (.099") CPM154 Tapered Tang
Ivory G10 over Natural w/ Red accent liner (Sandblasted)
OAL 7 1/4"
Blade 3 1/4"
3.52oz
$290.00 (Sold)

I'll take the Trailhand if available...

Trailhand-
Black Ash Burl over Natural w/ Black accent liners
OAL 7 1/2"
Blade 3 1/4”
3.2oz
$315.00

(Paypal sent... amazed and fortunate this beauty was still available on Wednesday night!)

Last edited:
I'll take the Trailhand if available...

Trailhand-
Black Ash Burl over Natural w/ Black accent liners
OAL 7 1/2"
Blade 3 1/4”
3.2oz
$315.00

Awesome Rob, I got you down for it, I will send this one out with rest of them in the mail Friday . Thank you for your business and support !

Last edited:
If available Chris I'll take the OD unnamed

Unnamed-
OD Green Canvas Micarta over Natural (Sandblasted)
OAL 7 3/4"
Blade 3 1/16"
3.52oz
$295.00

thanks
paul

If available Chris I'll take the OD unnamed

Unnamed-
OD Green Canvas Micarta over Natural (Sandblasted)
OAL 7 3/4"
Blade 3 1/16"
3.52oz
$295.00

thanks
paul

Thank you Paul, got you down for this one, I am going to have this one mailed out tomorrow with the rest of them.

Here is what is left as of 01/19/17 11am EST

EDU-
Double Black G10 over Orange G10 (Sandblasted)
OAL 6 3/8’
Blade 3”
2.56oz
$280.00 (Sold)

Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki

Tusk-
3/32" (.102") CPM154 Tapered Tang
Commando Natural Canvas Micarta (Sandblasted)
OAL 6''
Blade 2 1/2"
2.56oz
$275.00

Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki

Warthog (Guardless Variant)-
Charcoal Grey G10 over Grey G10 w/ Black accent liner (Sandblasted)
OAL 7 1/4"
Blade 3 1/4"
3.52oz
$290.00 (Sold)

Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki

Last edited:
Chris, I really like your 3" to 3.5" designs.

And your take on the shorter blades (2" to 2.5") is excellent also, just a tad short for me personally as a utility blade. I'm also glad you are doing CPM154, and would welcome other high end stainless steels if that becomes practical for you to get heat treated. E.g. XTS-XHP, PSF27, S35VN, and anything in the M390/CTS204P/20CV family. I like S90V and 110V, but know they are a pain to grind and heat treat.

Fantastic group of knives, Chris. It seems like you really put a lot of effort into this batch.

Since this one is still here, and because coming back and looking at it every hour or so has been wearing me down...

I will take:

OAL 7 1/4"
Blade 3 1/4"
3.52oz
$290.00

Thank you,
- Daniel

Fantastic group of knives, Chris. It seems like you really put a lot of effort into this batch.

Since this one is still here, and because coming back and looking at it every hour or so has been wearing me down...

I will take:

OAL 7 1/4"
Blade 3 1/4"
3.52oz
$290.00

Thank you,
- Daniel

Nice and thank you for saving my wallet. lol

Hello Chris, been trying to reach you can you send me a pm or a Instagram message
Thanks buddy!

Chris, I really like your 3" to 3.5" designs.

And your take on the shorter blades (2" to 2.5") is excellent also, just a tad short for me personally as a utility blade. I'm also glad you are doing CPM154, and would welcome other high end stainless steels if that becomes practical for you to get heat treated. E.g. XTS-XHP, PSF27, S35VN, and anything in the M390/CTS204P/20CV family. I like S90V and 110V, but know they are a pain to grind and heat treat.

Thank you Rob, took me awhile to get into the groove of the smaller knives, that whole sub category was relatively unfamiliar for me. I do like what I have been coming out with and I plan on designing more. I do have plans do offer S35vn in the future. I also have some 3v I have been wanting to try. My main focus outside of the CPM154 is to get familiar with S35vn first then try the 3v, I also have plans to try 80crv2 on some of my bigger knives.

I cannot believe that warthog is still available...weighing on my mind.

I really like the Charcoal Grey G10, and as a base material as well. The first time I uses this combination. I plan on using it more often.

I will take:

OAL 7 1/4"
Blade 3 1/4"
3.52oz
$290.00

Thank you,
- Daniel

Thank you Daniel I did!
I will put you down for the Warthog and get it packaged up today with the rest of the ones going out. I appreciate it and I hope you enjoy it!

Hello Chris, been trying to reach you can you send me a pm or a Instagram message
Thanks buddy!

Replied Via Instagram

I do have plans do offer S35vn in the future. I also have some 3v I have been wanting to try. My main focus outside of the CPM154 is to get familiar with S35vn first then try the 3v, I also have plans to try 80crv2 on some of my bigger knives.

All good to hear. For knives 5.5" and larger, I really look for CPM3V these days. Admittedly, I'm a steel snob, but the performance difference between A2 and 3V is pretty significant when 3V is heat treated well.

I had to look up the composition of 80crv2 yesterday. It's like 1080 plus 0.6% chrome and 0.2% vanadium... good choice for a 10" or larger blade, or the Fiddleback machetes (which are excellent ... I have a 12" and 16" model, and the "ping" they make when cutting is music to my ears, to steal a line from someone on this forum).

Last edited:
All good to hear. For knives 5.5" and larger, I really look for CPM3V these days. Admittedly, I'm a steel snob, but the performance difference between A2 and 3V is pretty significant when 3V is heat treated well.

I had to look up the composition of 80crv2 yesterday. It's like 1080 plus 0.6% chrome and 0.2% vanadium... good choice for a 10" or larger blade, or the Fiddleback machetes (which are excellent ... I have a 12" and 16" model, and the "ping" they make when cutting is music to my ears, to steal a line from someone on this forum).

I agree with everything you have stated, I am a steel snob as well, and have a very high standard for any material I work with.
I really do want to get it 3v because it has so much to offer as a steel, however I have never used it. I dont want to put my foot in my mouth and end up hating working with it.

I am looking into trying some AEB-L too

S35vn is a steel I am definetly going to offer regularly it just a matter of time, I just need to get better aquainted with it.
I like would like to evolve to using several specific high end steels regularly based on blade design and intended use.
80crv2 is a neat steel and I am looking forward to including into my repertoire.

Last edited:
Back