OT~ Begging a favor....

Well folks....

I expect the time has come for me to beg a favor from as many of you as can...before I do...there's some background fill...

Of all the religious stuff I never really bought into...and I have studied on it some...there is one thing I have never been able to shake....

That is the presecence of guardian angels...(no Bruise...not the ones with the little red berets...) You can call them "good spirits" if you prefer...the words have no importance

In all seriousness...they are there. Need proof?

Basic law of the Universe...equal and opposite forces....

Ok...so I KNOW...there is EVIL...with a big "E"...and there are some evil bastards out there...who thrive on spreading chaos....

SO...there is without a doubt...something there to counter them evil bastards...

There is a lot more to be said...but it is best said over beers...

Anyway...here's the favor part....

I gotta have an operation tomorrow. The odds are 1 in 200 that I won't get off the table. (I think my odds would be better if I spent a year in Irag with a combat unit!)

I never really believed in odds like that...when it is your time...there you go...numbers and stats mean exactly bupkis.The surgeons always tell you that stuff...for liability reasons...

All that being said...whatever happens... I got no worries for me. I'm good...

But...see...I got this lovely wife...and my little daughter...and my son who is going to be born in November...and I worry for them....

While I am asleep...and the surgeons are cutting...I have asked my angels...to watch over my little family...I'll take my chances...as long as I know they are safe...

So, tomorrow, if you guys could think good thoughts for Wendy, and Emi, and my son who is still in Mommy's tummy...

I'd be grateful.

Shane

One in 200 is pretty good odds. Even routine surguries aren't much better than that.

I'll pray for you.

Someday we'll talk of Guardian Angels. Part of the Great Heart. I've never figured out the Celestial Arrangments.
Shane, are you goint to Reno next Spring?

Not to steal your thunder, but on the 9th of November they'll be taking a slice from the munk ear and pasting it inside my nose in hopes this allows more air passage. Too much scaring and the structural integrity of my nose is messed up. Whether the surgury works or not, and that's 50/50, there will be a lump on one side of my nose. "Well," my wife said, "you're not Robert Redford anyway."

I'll be very happy to think positive thoughts on your behalf, Shane. You're one of the Good Guys for sure.

munk

Smoke for Shane & family tomorrow.

Be concerned, but don't worry... If you worry, you have 2 problems.

Good luck & GBU.

Mike
Ad Astra

You got it Shane. We're family here, so family's family is family to this family. Hmmm, maybe 6 cups of coffee wasn't such a good idea.
In all seriousness, God speed, friend. You'll be fine, and you'll have about a hundred people sending good vibes for you and your troop.
And Mike is right, don't worry. My father always said that worrying only gave you ulsers.
We'll be here when you get back.

Jake

There once was a man with a hernia
who said to his surgeon gol-durn-ya
when carving my middle
be sure you don't fiddle
with matters that do not concern ya!

BTW 1 in 200 is just them covering their butts. You'll be fine.

shane justice said:
Basic law of the Universe...equal and opposite forces....

Ok...so I KNOW...there is EVIL...with a big "E"...and there are some evil bastards out there...who thrive on spreading chaos....

SO...there is without a doubt...something there to counter them evil bastards...

Something has always been there to counter evil people, Shane - good people.

Smoke will go up for you later today. Good luck with your surgery.

Shane?

We take care of our own. All you had to do was ask, no reason was required.

Be well and safe, Friend.

Prayers for you & your family.

As others have said, 1 in 200 sounds like the legalese to cover "informed consent" so that if
- a meteor falls thru the roof, or
- an earthquake hits, or
- the surgeon & assistant suffer massive heart attacks simultaneously,
they can say in court that they "TOLD" you that it wasn't guaranteed absolutely risk-free.

In the sense of "silver lining" or "blessing in disguise" some folk find that such experiences do help to get a sense of mortality, & to perhaps see their lives in a bit better perspective. (Yeah, I know, I know, as Winston Churchill said after losing the election at the end of WW-II "If this is a blessing, it's pretty damned well disguised.).

QUOTE:
"Ok...so I KNOW...there is EVIL...with a big "E".......and there are some evil bastards out there.......
There is a lot more to be said...but it is best said over beers..."

Was it the chiclets that used to say so & so "is on a good road" ?
IMHO, have a chiclet.

Smoke will be going up for all concerned tomorrow Shane.
I wish my upcoming surgery had as good of odds as yours.;)

Shane,

Best wishes for a successful operation and a fast recovery. It looks like the odds are in your favor; stay positive.

n2s

Back