OT Hanoi Jane Fonda

Yeah, I kind of miss Betty whispering words of hatred in my ear with that sexy(?) voice of hers. According to her, I was going to be turned into food for the vultures by the "superior Iraqi army". Sorry 'bout that Betty, bummer huh?:( ;)

Sarge

...superior Iraqi army? give me a break. poor pathetic _ucks can't be expected to fight to the death for Saddam's sake..reminds me of the legendary French Army...how many Frenchmen does it take to defend Paris? I don't know...it's never been tried....

munk

if the iraqi army and civilian people get it into there head that they are fighting for IRAQ then the allies could be in big trouble.
i suspect the campaign when it starts will be 4-5 hundred cruise missiles and massive bombing, hopeing to cause the iraqi army and civilians to turn on saddam. however if this does not happen which i think is a fifty fifty chance, then the ground troops will have to fight it out, this will result in a minimum 10% casualty rate for allied troops and that is a normal death rate for a normal type battle situation. 200,000 allied troops = twenty thousand casualties.
a frightening possability.
let us remember the casualty rate in the battle for kuwait was onehundred thousand plus on the iraqi side. and thankfully very light on ours.
however this will be a totaly differrent situation if they fight, it could be street fighting which usaualy results in high mortalities on both sides, up to 40% . so it all depends on if the iraqis stand and fight. they might not like saddam much, but they love there country so i would rate the chances of all out war as 70-30 . so lets keep our fingers crossed and hope they decide not to fight.
as for all this crap about innocent civilians being in harms way, think on it WHAT ARE GUYS AN GALS IN THE ARMY. civilians with khaki clothes on. once war is declared poloticians need to butt out and let the armed forces fight to win. the allied forces are honourable men
most ,and would not target civilians on purpose. but as in this case in iraq SADDAM SADDAM has pput his own civilian population in harms way by placing troops and weapons of war in amongst his civilions so as to use them as a human shield. god bless all the men and women in the allied forces especialy. but also all the poor iraqi guys and gals just doing there duty. but this iraqi war i am afraid must be fought, or if we stand back and do nothing, the next situation which is 100 times more dangerous korea, will prompt the nth koreans to take foolish risks assuming if we do nothing to stop saddam, why would they have to worry. leading to possibly all out war with nth korea.:(

I hope we don't go to War with North Korea.:grumpy:

I am remembering what happened the last time the US was there.

We really don't want to go back over there.

if we do go to Korea, this time there will not be soviet pilots flying mgs and we won't have to battle China's ground troops. Without China, Korea is do-able. What should we do? North Korea is threatening to abandon the armastice of 53. We can hardly sit back and watch them invade Seoule. (sic)

munk

I remember Tokyo Rose.

I also remember Hanoi Hannah and Siagon Sally.

They were a lot more interesting than Armed Forces Radio, but I didn't care for their music.

Every war has one or two -- I'm waiting for Nuke Nellie to come along. Her theme song will be "Fly me to the Moon."

"We can hardly sit back and watch them invade Seoule."

Why not?

I think the U.S. should pull out all it's military support, cut off all aid to either side, sell them both all the weapons they want - for cash only, then sit back and watch them go at it.

When they're finished, we can do business with the survivors and get whatever it is the U.S. wants from the Koreans.

What do they have anyway other than those KIAs that are just reincarnated Yugos, and that nasty smelling pickled cabbage?

I think perhaps Ben-Arown and Warlock6 (ie Ghost6) should be introduced to one another...similiar warm and friendly types..:rolleyes: ;)

Originally posted by munk
Semper Fi- I'll catch hell for this. I don't know if she's ever tried to apologize for what she did. Perhaps with many no apology is possible- after all, she poses with an anti aircraft battery that shoots our boys down. I must note though that her break with Turner was because of her getting in touch with the Lord through her Rocky Mountain neighbors- she is a born again Christian. I don't know what to make of this. It is perplexing. Most my friends hate her, and I'm not fond of her and don't watch her movies, any more than I watch anything with OJ in it.

Those congressmen who went to Bagdad offended me. I can only imagine how vets feel about Jane. My hope is she is a different person than the tool-fool who posed when she was young and arrogant. A lot of us were never as square as you were. It took some of us more time.

munk
I that indeed she is "born again". What she did cannot easily be forgotten. The great apostle Paul(Saul) did alot of bad things before he met the Lord on the road to Damascus. Took awhile for the brethren to get over that too!

QUOTE .if we do go to Korea, this time there will not be soviet pilots flying mgs and we won't have to battle China's ground troops. Without China, Korea is do-able. What should we do? North Korea is threatening to abandon the armastice of 53. We can hardly sit back and watch them invade Seoule. (sic)

yep munk this time it will be different this time the north koreans will have 2 nukes to use, and i bet they wont be put off by world opinion to not use them. ??????

and i note with a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach,on the news tonight the usa government just placed a special order for 75,OOO
BODY BAGS, good lord lets hope there never used and are just in case
:( .

but it sorta makes you think how serious this situation could get.
lets think of the troops over there and send our blessings and hope the greatest portion of them come home on thier own two feet.:)

I think the U.S. should pull out all it's military support, cut off all aid to either side, sell them both all the weapons they want - for cash only, then sit back and watch them go at it.

kewl....kinda like that bitch'n video where they get the street-people to fight each other and tape it huh?

What do they have anyway other than those KIAs that are just reincarnated Yugos, and that nasty smelling pickled cabbage?

One thing is the electronic guts that seem to reside in every dang thing nowadays. Like the US, Japan has leaned to "outsource", bringing manufacturing costs down. Of course, the Koreans (South) are smart enough to start building and selling the whole piece of gear themselves. Not saying that we NEED all that stuff, but everyone seems to WANT it, and will apparently buy tons of it if it's cheap enough.

Besides, that nasty smelling pickled cabbage is tasteee...the more hot pepper the better. However, I think that most available here is made domestically, not imported, so I guess the supply wouldn't be threatened.

Originally posted by firkin
Besides, that nasty smelling pickled cabbage is tasteee...the more hot pepper the better. However, I think that most available here is made domestically, not imported, so I guess the supply wouldn't be threatened.

Yeah it is!!!! I get mine at one of our local Asian market's, it's made in Texas, not New York City, just like Pace Picante Sauce.:p
I like the hot pepper as well, but the more garlic the better!!!!

I love that "purple" cabbage. I would buy it all the time when I worked in Japan. I think it is called "kimshee" spelling?

Sam

Yeah it is!!!! I get mine at one of our local Asian market's, it's made in Texas, not New York City, just like Pace PicanteSauce.

I like the hot pepper as well, but the more garlic the better!!!!

Yep, the garlic is pretty important too!!

The kinds I really like aren't made from cabbage though, quartered radishes or whole green onions. Less common, but worth it to look for.

I'm retired military and I want to live long enough to piss on her grave. Then I'll go to the wall and tell my friends.

Heres something to consider about N. Korea and nukes that doesnt include invasion. A couple of nights ago, there was an analyst on NPR that said somethings that interested me, so Ill share them with the class so to speak. Lets assume N Korea isnt as crazy as theyre trying to portray themselves, and are just posturing as some suggest. They build a couple nukes for leverage. What I forgot to think about, is the Japanese reaction to this. According to the Analyst Japan has hinted that a Nuclear N Korea would force them to go Nuclear. According to the Analyst Japan would have an easy time going Nuclear as they have all the materials needed, and more than enough brain power to do it. A nuclear Japan (not to mention a more militarized Japan) of course would scare most of its neighbors who still remember WWII, and perhaps start a nuclear arms race in the region. Also Taiwans reaction, if they decide to go nuclear as well, would be very very bad. China has stated they would invade if Taiwan does go Nuclear, and in the 80s it took covert US action to put the stop on secret Taiwanese Nuclear experiments, and prevent a hot war between them and China. Would a nuclear Japan force the Taiwanese to restart thier programs? So in the worst case arms race scenario in Asia, we end up with China, Japan, N Korea, Taiwan, Pakistan, India, and Russia all with nukes, and all of them eyeing the other ready to fire. Not to mention the proliferation threat from one of these nations deciding, that hey selling nukes would really help an ailing economy.... Some very grim situations....

Back