OT: Survivor Sidekicks (photos)

I think that is his evil twin in the pic.

Who? This one?

58e80ba816000020004d96cd.jpeg

^^^ that beauty was charged for throwing an ax at his son. So you did notice the fashionably blonde hair extension too! :D

See, that's how you know it wasn't me. If I throw an ax I don't miss. I just keep my beautiful locks, hair and all.

View media item 361
We have a few sidekicks, each with their own personality. This one has decided hiking is her thing. Now that the sun is staying out later, we were able to get in a quick mushroom scouting walk. We left the dogs at home for this one so Mattie decided to come along. We thought she would turn back when we crossed the stream, but she was determined. She ended up jumping the water a several times (she does not want to be carried for any portion of the walk) and slept really well the rest of the night.

Also, let me know if you can't see the picture. This is my test run for the new forum.

My girl's cat is kinda like that. Whenever I'm outside working on something, there he is. He doesn't want to be messed with either, he's a very different sort of cat, ha.

Last edited:
Its with great sadness that I have to inform everyone that yesterday my best friend BJ, a 13 1/2 year old beagle, lost his battle with cancer. I am truly hearbroken. BJ was about 3 years old in the top pic below. Scooter, the little one, is still around. He is 11 1/2 years old. All I can say is that you guys need to cherish every day you have with your furry family members. Time goes too fast and before you know it, you will wish you could have it back.

Here is a shot of them mid december, around the same time that we found out BJ had cancer...

BJ is in the foreground and even though he was older he didnt turn as white in the face.

F6DCB055-934C-4EF2-B334-3FA606F7CFB2.jpeg

Its with great sadness that I have to inform everyone that yesterday my best friend BJ, a 13 1/2 year old beagle, lost his battle with cancer. I am truly hearbroken. BJ was about 3 years old in the top pic below. Scooter, the little one, is still around. He is 11 1/2 years old. All I can say is that you guys need to cherish every day you have with your furry family members. Time goes too fast and before you know it, you will wish you could have it back.

Oh man, Riz. So sorry for your loss. Those are beautiful dogs, and mini-versions of my own four-legged friends. Condolences bud.

I'm really sorry to hear about your pup. Pets are absolutely family and that loss really does hurt. It seems like Roxie always wants to play on the nights I'm getting home from my longest work days. BJ is definitely a reminder of how life is way too short, so I rarely, if ever, pass up throwing a ball with Roxie even when I'm ready to crash after a long day of work.

How is Scooter doing through all this?

Back