Otha...nice folder!

Gary W. Graley

“Imagination is more important than knowledge"
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Received a knife for a fit up, it's a good way to get to see new knives!!! and this one is made by our Otha, being tutored by Alan Folts, I think Alan told me it's Otha's 4th knife, wow it's nice!

Take a peek guys/gals;

G2

Thanks Keith, it's also a liner lock as well, the tail section is an extended back spacer that has the hole for a lanyard....Otha or Alan will pipe in with some details...
G2

The knife is a liner lock. Ti liners anadized blue. Giraffe bone scales Thunder forges birdseye damascus blade and bolster. the back spacere is devin thomas high contrast raindrop damacus. THE hardware is gold plated. The blade is about 3" and I beleave the OAL (open) is 8" kinda beefy.

Thanx for all the nice comments. This is #5.

Gary I like the pick.

Otha

Gary and Otha,

Nice job. I love the reverse tanto or sheepfoot blade the best myself. Nice work.

Liong

This can't be!! Is this the same Otha aka "Shop Sweeper Boy" and "Screw Finder"?? :D Great job Tommy! Keep working at it and maybe I'll visit your table at next year's Blade :) You done good!

Very well done Otha. Alan looks like you are helping to create a fine maker there :D.

He did a real nice job, he wanted a sheath to make it a complete package, no clip, so he sent it to me, bad move...on my part for taking it in, I became attached to it, one of the hazards of seeing and handling these knives!!!

Thanks Otha, nice work!
G2

I became attached to it, one of the hazards of seeing and handling these knives!!!

Gary, are you saying that on is staying for an extended visit?

:confused:

Really like that one. Guess I'll have to save my pennies for another knife sometime soon.

If I send you Alan's hawkblade for a fit up it better come back home to Georgia. :D

Originally posted by pyrguy
If I send you Alan's hawkblade for a fit up it better come back home to Georgia. :D

Probably, maybe, most likely will return it, yes I'm almost sure of it, well sorta sure, it's a hard decision :) but no worries you'll get her back, I'm gone next week to Holland for some training but will return the following week.....

G2

Originally posted by Otha
Giraffe bone scales

Giraffe bone? Why did Alan tell everyone on Chat you just cut the handle off your broom?

Just kidding O, that's a great looking knife, for #5 it's amazing.
GG, thanks again for the pic, and I'll need a size 10 1/2 in those wooden shoes. ;)

Nice looking Knife! I hope to get a chance to see the next one in person. Tommy are you going to the North Carolina Knife Maker's Guild Meeting this coming weekend? It's at Wayne Whitley's shop. Alan and I are planning to get together at his house to head down fom there.

Great job Otha! Didn't know you had started making knives. Alan must be teaching you well. Keep up the good work :D
michael

Boy that is a beauty!! Very nice work...and thanks for the picture!

"Hunters seek what they [WANT].., Seekers hunt what they [NEED]"

Back