Other assisted opens with slanted thumb stud like the blur?

I just tried the Blur out and I really like it. I've got a blackout, but the double thumb studs on the blur is nicer, and I also like the slanted thumb studs as they're much more comfortable. What other knives (if any) have the same type of slanted thumb studs as well as assisted open. Doesn't have to be Kershaw.

not sure of any off the top of my head but the thumb stud on the blur is nice. i hate seeing people fumble with the stud on the black outs and whirlwinds. i can't see how it can be that hard

HazardousAddictions said:
not sure of any off the top of my head but the thumb stud on the blur is nice. i hate seeing people fumble with the stud on the black outs and whirlwinds. i can't see how it can be that hard

Me neither. It's the funkiest thing seeing people not being able to open an "assisted open" knife.

since a lot of knives have removable thumb studs, i wonder if you could grind down the studs on existing AOs to achieve this same effect. i bet you'd have to be pretty precise, so the slant ends up oriented correctly after you tighten them down. just a thought.

abe

allyourblood said:
since a lot of knives have removable thumb studs, i wonder if you could grind down the studs on existing AOs to achieve this same effect. i bet you'd have to be pretty precise, so the slant ends up oriented correctly after you tighten them down. just a thought.

abe

I wish I was that good :( I was unfortunately averse to metal-working class in high school so I never learned how to work it. Regretting that decision... I'm not using much of my science these days.

migo said:
I wish I was that good :( I was unfortunately averse to metal-working class in high school so I never learned how to work it. Regretting that decision... I'm not using much of my science these days.
i hear ya. i don't think i'd trust my unsteady hands to a lot of the modifications that other BFC'ers do. i impressed myself just by polishing a pocket clip (to get the paint scuffs outta my Delica)! i've always meant to buy a pile of useless, cheap knives to try out ideas on.

abe

I know the Kershaw mini-task has the slanted thumbstuds. I just happen to know because I'm looking for one to buy. I'm with Garageboy though, I prefer a flipper on an assisted knife.

Hmm, I wonder why they stopped using the slanted studs if they had them to begin with.

allyourblood said:
... i impressed myself just by polishing a pocket clip (to get the paint scuffs outta my Delica)! i've always meant to buy a pile of useless, cheap knives to try out ideas on.

Well, you may not think that you have the skills, but, you might surprise yourself ! You have at least one knife to try your ideas on...go for it!

Steve-O

Back