"Schrade® Walden Knife Company Razor Trapper with Walnut Handle"

Frost is my guess. That makes eight models so far:

WWN20 - Peanut Walnut - 2-7/8" closed
WWN50 - Razor trapper Walnut- 4" closed
WWN47 - Stockman Walnut - 3-7/8" closed
WWN54 - Trapper Walnut - 4-1/8" closed
WWN247 - Muskrat Walnut - 3-7/8" closed

. Stainless steel blades
· "Walden Knife Co." master blade imprint (etch)
· "Walden Knife Co. Made in U.S.A." tang stamp
· Genuine walnut handle
· Brass liners
· Nickel silver pins, bolsters and custom shield

127OT - Sheeps Horn Trapper - 4" closed
128OT - Sheeps Horn 3 Blade Stockman - 4" closed
129OT - Sheeps Horn Sowbelly - 4 1/8 closed

. 440C Stainless Blades
. First production run and "Schrade Classics" etchings.
. Genuine Sheeps Horn Handle
. New Style Old Timer Inlay
. Nickle Silver Bolsters, solid Brass Liners And Pins
. Lifetime Guarantee
. Imported From China

Ohhhhh... I hate twisting arms!

I wonder when we will see a bar knife with a stanhope lens. A famous photo of Donald Trump? The one with the finger pointing at the camera and his trademark saying "You're........

Sorry. I got carried away. I sit back and polish my D'Holder blade a while and meditate.
Codger

Good guess, Codger. That razor trapper and the peanut look awful 'Frosty' to me. Just like vultures sucking the meat off the bones, huh guys?

Hey, wasn't Walden Knife company the first choice of names for Canal Street Cutlery??

Phil

Now you see why they got the threa....er.... recommendation from Frost to choose another name. They already had the etch drawn up?

Codger

Ya wanna bet there were a few highly paid lawyers involved?

Expect in the next few weeks to see some UH patterns rendered as Old Timers (834OT, 897OT). And some imported Old Timers (8OT, 96OT) and Uncle Henrys (834UH, 897UH) as well. And a reissue of the 152OT. 13 more limited sample issues if I counted right.

The ones we have seen so far are only sample quantities, and the ones from SMKW are listed as sold out/backorder items. Did anyone ever actually see them listed as in stock?

The sheephorns on ebay (127OT - Sheeps Horn Trapper, 128OT - Sheeps Horn, 129OT - Sheeps Horn Sowbelly) were only one each of three patterns so far, so it is not a general public release as such. Just a distributor moving an initial sample order of sorts. IMHO. The distributor may have even added the old stock boxes to the pictures without covering the flags. A major fopah for sure, but maybe an honest mistake?

Schrade (the original Schrade based in Ellenville) sold knives made overseas. Mostly from the Schrade International plant in Ireland, but also from the Pacific Rim countries. I have a box from an AP55 and it says "Product made in Ireland. Package printed in China." I have most all of the large X-Timer series knives and while the knives themselves are marked for instance "Schrade+ U.S.A. XT1B", the box is marked "Product made in the U.S.A. Package printed in China." It bears the American flag. And if I had not found a "fortune cookie" slip of paper in the polybag of one of the sheaths, I would not have known that the X-Timer sheaths were made in China. The box has the American flag on it. I do not own a "super knife" utility knife, but I understand it has a China mark. Maybe some other entire knives were. I think I read that the Multi-tools were U.S.A. assembled from China produced parts.

It is all a big disappointment for sure. It is like going to your 40th high school reunion and meeting Sharon Kay, your teen sweetheart, for the first time since graduation. You remember the innocent smile, cornsilk hair, rosey blush of adolescense, a skimpy halter top, and legs that went clear up to there. She has gained fifty pounds, her skin is as rough as yours, her hair is streaked with gray where the dye has grown out, she has varacose veins, and she wears old person clothes. And meeting her husband, the third you learn, and hearing her talk about her three grown kids, you decide that it is not very likely she is the same virgin you once knew.

Rambling Codger

Codger, Codger,

Shake....Shake....

Snap out of it man!!!!!

Are you OK now??? You had us worried for a moment there.... :eek:

You are certainly on a roll. Roll On.

Bill :D

Codger_64 said:
The sheephorns on ebay (127OT - Sheeps Horn Trapper, 128OT - Sheeps Horn, 129OT - Sheeps Horn Sowbelly) were only one each of three patterns so far, so it is not a general public release as such. Just a distributor moving an initial sample order of sorts. IMHO. The distributor may have even added the old stock boxes to the pictures without covering the flags. A major fopah for sure, but maybe an honest mistake?

If you look at the ebay pictures, you can see "Taylor Brands" on the side of the boxes.

Having the US flag on a box printed in China is ironic and maybe even distasteful to some, but I was not bothered because the box wasn't the product being sold. It would make more sense to have the boxes made here (is it really that expensive?), but I don't have the same kind of objection as I do to sticking an imported product inside the same box.

Let me also say in this thread, as I do at other appropriate times, that I don't have a problem with imports, I have a problem with low quality products, communist China, and questionable marketing/packaging.

I looked at the SMKW Waldens and all are "Back Ordered". Meaning?

Pre Order? Sold out already?

I looked at the Schrade Waldens at SMKW...DEFINITELY mde by Bear & Son.....look at the Bear & Son knives on the SMKW site and you will agree with me...

lrv said:
I looked at the SMKW Waldens and all are "Back Ordered". Meaning?

Pre Order? Sold out already?

New items are often like that on eknifeworks, or else "temporarily out of stock." I was searching for Schrade just a day before those were listed, so I don't think they came and went yet.

Back