Our shop is hiring!

Nathan the Machinist

KnifeMaker / Machinist / Evil Genius
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Help wanted:

We're a small machine shop in Mooresville N.C. looking to hire another knifemaker/machinist to help with our knife production. Depending on the hire, responsibilities could include operating machinery, finishing, sharpening, assembly, and packaging. Secondary responsibilities include other machining and production operations, helping with machine maintenance, cleaning shop, loading materials etc.

Depending on the hire, an ideal candidate might be skilled at hand grinding and sharpening, and have experience in either a high-end production assembly manufacturing environment or in a machine shop. CNC or manual machining experience is not necessary, but could be a plus.

The right candidate will be a very competent individual with an eye for detail and quality workmanship and a willingness to learn. You'll have some flexibility in your responsibilities, schedule and hours and in the jobs you want to do and how you want to do them. If you want to learn machining and get some hands on experience with CNC you'll get that opportunity if you want it. If you just want to grind knives that's fine too.

We offer a laid back and safety oriented work environment where an honest, skilled, quality and detail focused individual with a good work ethic and a little OCD is going to be happy. Also, Mooresville is a great small town with a fantastic school system.

We're a three man shop already, each of us covering a range of skills and all three of us could use some help, so we have some flexibility in the skill set we bring on. At the very least we could use a young man with a strong back because Mark and I aren't exactly young and strapping anymore and Jo only weighs about 100 pounds so we need some help lifting steel and moving fixtures sometimes.

Must have:
Passion for knives
Eye for detail
Obsessed with quality workmanship
Honest with good work ethic

Nice to have:
Knife blade bevel grinding
Knife sharpening
Experience with CNC machine tools

Our pay range is the same as a regular machine shop and will depend on skill and experience.

Please send a resume and your compensation expectations to us at carothersknives (at) gmail dought com and put "job opening" in the subject line. We'll start phone interviews in a few weeks.

I didn't realize you were only a few hrs from me. Might have to come up some time and meet ya'll. I'm right down the Rd. in South Carolina.

Wish I lived closer because it would be a hell of a commute from Washington lol. Good luck man, hope you find someone that fits the bill.

find anyone yet? I was thinking Jason Knight's son is pretty good around the shop and not far away from you

Back