Out of state travel to knife shows

Gossman Knives

Edged Toolmaker
This question is directed to those makers who travel by airplane to set up at knife shows. I'm considering traveling out of state to attend knife shows. What do you have to deal with as far as transporting your knives when you fly? Also at the end of the show when you are carrying alot of cash from your sales, how do you go about securing your money? I don't mean to sound ignorant of these things, but believe it or not I've never flown and only hear of the bad situations you incounter when you fly. Thank you in advance.
Scott

There are three ways to get your knives to the show, put them in your checked baggage, mail them to yourself care of the hotel you are going to be staying at (alert them ahead of time), or make friends with a local maker who is going to the show and mail them to him.

Getting money home can be handled with a money belt or buying a postal money order and mailing it to yourself. Never made enough money at any show I have attended to worry about that part though.

I've had success with the last 2 of the 3 that George mentioned. Safest bet is to mail them Insured to the hotel. Even good buddies can have emergencies and then both of you are in a tight spot.

Back