Out with my TTSK !

Set off for a nice Autumn hike today with my TTSK.

I wish my pics showed how nice the colours this time of year really were but they hardly come close......

PA080001.jpg

I'd not been walking long when I came across this apple tree, a definite no go area for Maisy now !!!!!

PA080002.jpg

When I arrived near my planned rest spot I struggled to find any fatwood, typical eh, but after a little searching I spotted this....

PA080007.jpg

As soon as you split a section the rich red colour gives it away.....

PA080008.jpg

I mentioned in a previous post how it is best to use the saw of a SAK and make some fatwood dust as the 1st line of ignition, well not having my SAK I ignored my own advice and just made some very fine curls.....

PA080011.jpg

Usually I can get tinder such as this to light after 1 or 2 strikes on a dry day but as is typical when doing it to demonstrate to others it took me about 5 minutes of fustration today !!!!!

PA080012.jpg

Here is a comparison pic of my JK TTSK next to my little ML Bushy, you can see the discoloured blade on my ML from striking the spine on my ferro rod.....

PA080013.jpg

Maisy was distracted.....

PA080017.jpg

So I reached into my pocket ( remember the apple tree ) they might be a no go area for Maisy but not for me !

PA080014.jpg

I drank some tea while the dogs played...

PA080020.jpg

Cont'd

When we set off again we came across this recent kill site, some poor bird had bit the dust, probably at the talons of a hawk......

PA080006.jpg

Check out this pic I took of Snicker through a spiders web.......

PA080005.jpg

I stopped so far round for a quick break....

PA080024.jpg

And then we were off again in search of the creature making all the noise, eventually we found him....Mr Woodpecker !

PA080028.jpg

All in all an enjoyable day out with my best buddies !

Great pics as always...I love seeing pics of your TTSK. Thanks to it I now await a knife of my own design.

Last edited:
Back