1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Outdoors ? Bring a knife !

Discussion in 'Wilderness & Survival Skills' started by mete, Jul 16, 2016.

1. mete

mete Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2003
  2. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    I agree. If you are outdoors, bring a knife. Very useful.

3. alewn

alewn Banned BANNED

Jun 22, 2016
    yes, and also,a quart or more of water, water treatment pills and a filter, some sort of wind and waterproof cover, a means to carry water and gear, cordage and a 2+ ways to start a fire. I wont go more than crawling distance from vehicle or buildings without all 9. If you can't carry 3 lbs of such gear and water, how do you manage to lug around your 20-50 lbs of blubber?

4. sodak

sodak

Mar 26, 2004
  5. WILLIAM.M

WILLIAM.M

Apr 14, 2006
    Agree--

Great Story--Thanks for sharing

6. jumpmonkey

jumpmonkey

Oct 16, 2006
    You really can't count on water sources to purify, or on trees for shelter/fire. I don't leave home without the aforementionned and at least a gallon of water, ground pad, sleeping bag, bivy bag, tarp, and enough wood for at least two nights. It's just not worth the risk.