"OUTLAW AMAZON" anyone?

anyone checking out discovery ch right now "Outlaw Amazon" at 8pm central

Outlaw Amazon
Illegal Activity
TV-14 (D), CC

Bruce Parry investigates the outlaws thriving in the Amazon. He meets cocaine farmers and smugglers in a constant game of cat and mouse with police; visits a gold-mining frontier town, and goes on the job with loggers who risk life and limb every day.

and at 9pm central

Outlaw Amazon
The Last Survivors
TV-14 (D), CC

Former Marine Bruce Parry goes into the jungle to experience some of the Amazon tribes' most extreme practices, from crocodile hunting to mind-altering hallucinogens. These are proud people who now must fight -- literally -- to protect their way of life.

Might have to see it another night. Alabama and Texas are playing for #1. Great game so far.

I watched some of it, because I enjoy seeing pictures of the jungle to bring back memories of growing up there, but I felt there was way too much emphasis on experiencing the hallucinogenic drugs. And the "remote" tribal Indians look to me like they have had a LOT more contact with outsiders than the show implies, wearing Western-style T-shirts and such, but I guess it wouldn't make as interesting of a story line :) . Granted, life there has probably changed a bit since I lived there over 30 years ago, heh.

Maybe I'm just a bit irked, because when I look at some of the Peru travel tour packages, thinking about going back and taking a photo tour, I see many of the tour groups emphasizing the Ayahuasca "healing" hallucinogenic experience. Not what I'm looking for I guess.

i watched it tonight. thought it was a pretty cool show. i just wish they had spent more time on actual survival stuff or something instead of some shaman and tribal drugs.

Back