Owners! Post up your Backwoods and KFU knife photos.

Thanks appreciated. Would have been better if it were some bad ass spider, lol, but a daddy long legs it was. Kinda hard to see, but he has one of his legs on the blade.
Well,I've heard they have the most potent venom just not much of it.Of all the spiders I run into while in the woods,the long legs creep me out the most.
Sneaky bastids are always crawling up my legs while sitting by the fire at night.
Nothing worse than feeling something crawling on your neck at night!

Some backyard bushcraft on a rainy day while the wife was away

My KFU (not sure what to call this model is it just an edc?) and one of the lightest best tinders you get for free. A paint stir stick. light and takes up almost no room. I got 6 in my pack rubberbanded together and i never even notice theyre there
DSCN1488-1.jpg

That full convex makes curls like a champ. and batoning and splitting the sticks was easy as well.
photobucket-2106-1322610356134.jpg

The spine is so squared it throws tons of sparks, so to the ferro rod i went
DSCN1490-1.jpg

The final results
DSCN1491.jpg

Don't have a name for it so EDC works! Thanks for the pics Clich. Everyone talks about the spines on my knives. I do it for the obvious reason of throwing sparks. Is it that much different from other makers? Ive owned my fair share of customs and some had rounded spines and some squared. I usually always squared all of mine. I guess it just personal preference.

Some backyard bushcraft on a rainy day while the wife was away. The final results
DSCN1491.jpg
. . . . clich, nice shot, but you had better hope when your wife gets home she does not need that pan for dinner . . . lmao . . . . :)
Be safe.

Don't have a name for it so EDC works! Thanks for the pics Clich. Everyone talks about the spines on my knives. I do it for the obvious reason of throwing sparks. Is it that much different from other makers? Ive owned my fair share of customs and some had rounded spines and some squared. I usually always squared all of mine. I guess it just personal preference.

I would say most of the customs I've owned had em squared, but I use the term loosely since most didn't throw sparks well. I like it when the spine can throw a bigger shower than the scraper that comes with the rod. Anything less is a fail in my eyes

Cool, hope you like it man and that it gets used alot. Thanks again!

Cool pics. Mine has a crazy square spine too. This was one of those cheapy Chinese firesteels:

051-1.png

. . . . clich, nice shot, but you had better hope when your wife gets home she does not need that pan for dinner . . . lmao . . . . :)
Be safe.

Haha. Nah I do the cooking in my house. Actually that was the only pan she brought into the relationship and I never use the damn thing so I started starting fires in it. Now its useful :D

My first KFU knife: The first skinner Chris made, May be some lucky persons' gift in the Christmas Gift Swap.
And my new Maxpedition Kodiak EDC Carry Bag.
I don't have a Backwoods knife yet but I have my eye out for a nice Camp Cutter.

DSCN0201.jpg

DSCN0200-1.jpg

DSCN0206.jpg

DSCN0204.jpg

KFU - Patch Knife / GHL - Custom Pocket/Neck Sheath [Straight from the Getto Kydex Press] ..
2lo1v80.jpg

2ijowzl.jpg

6q8lj8.jpg

Gratuitous shop shot of the EDC bag with KFU patch ,^)
50fa0z.jpg

309iur4.jpg

Last edited:
Sheath looks awesome GH. Stylish but sleek. Great job!

Sheath looks awesome GH. Stylish but sleek. Great job!
Oh ! Thanks man ,)
I needed to break from the regular grind for a bit, I've been meaning to get this done for a while ..
It a little rough but it's mines and I like it !
BTW, I used the knife to trim allot of the Kydex; it sliced it like butter !!!!
I'll get it to you ASAP for a tuneup/tracing, and the Big Knife sheath is on top of the other Get it done list [LOL] ..

309iur4.jpg

No worries man, Im in no rush for the sheath. Im just excited to see what you will come up with. Oh, and I need a name for that knife!

No worries man, Im in no rush for the sheath. Im just excited to see what you will come up with. Oh, and I need a name for that knife!
This one [in my post], or the other one [the big one ?] ..
If it's this one, I'd call it the KFU "Matchless" ,^)

309iur4.jpg

its a 5.11 rush 12 in sandstone. The knife is a KFU full convex edc. The patch is from americansnipers dot org The light is a life plus gear and the lanyard is from BF member Flexxx

Back