PA Auto knife laws

DMG

Gold Member
Have there been any challenges or attempts to overturn the ban on auto knives in PA?

A few years back (I think 2011 or 2012), I believe there was an effort among a couple of legislators to get the restriction on autos repealed. I don’t know what happened, but for some reason it never got traction and the measure died. Granted, at that time, the ‘Knife Rights’ movement was just in its infancy. Since then, in 2015 and 2018, there were a couple attempts in the legislature to make PA a “constitutional carry” state by repealing the concealed handgun permit requirements and both those measures included a re-writing of the “Prohibited Offensive Weapon” statute to remove auto knives from the law. Those efforts don’t really stand a chance though with our current governor. The only way I see it being changed any time soon would be if a case came up in court which ruled the law unconstitutional. In the meantime, we can only keep our autos, stilettos, OTFs, etc. at home as curios in our collections.

Reactions: DMG
Back