Pair of Friction Folders

T.Knotts

Hello all, Just wanted to share a few pics of a couple friction folders I just finished. Both of my boys recently bought new homes so I wanted to make them something for their bars/man caves. One is a Cowboys fan and the other a Ravens fan.

These are my first two friction folders. I used a some different materials and experimented with a few different techniques. Overall I'm happy with the way the came out.

OAL 5 7/8"
CLOSED 4 1/4"
BLADES 3/32" O1 tool steel

Cowboys: Blue Corian Handle with Stainless Star shield.
Ravens: Purple g10 with black liners. Ravens name is laser etched into the g10 and on the slip sheath.

thanks for looking. Let me know what you think. (Critiques always welcome :thumbsup:)

cowboys ff.jpg Ravens ff.jpg

Hello all, Just wanted to share a few pics of a couple friction folders I just finished. Both of my boys recently bought new homes so I wanted to make them something for their bars/man caves. One is a Cowboys fan and the other a Ravens fan.

These are my first two friction folders. I used a some different materials and experimented with a few different techniques. Overall I'm happy with the way the came out.

OAL 5 7/8"
CLOSED 4 1/4"
BLADES 3/32" O1 tool steel

Cowboys: Blue Corian Handle with Stainless Star shield.
Ravens: Purple g10 with black liners. Ravens name is laser etched into the g10 and on the slip sheath.

thanks for looking. Let me know what you think. (Critiques always welcome :thumbsup:)

View attachment 1215932 View attachment 1215933
Beautiful work, Tim!!:eek::thumbsup:

Are you going to have a pass around??;):thumbsup::D

These are too cool Tim, I was surprised how smooth the action was. I guess when I hear "friction" folder, I think they should be rough opening.

I've come to the conclusion that slip joints aren't really my thing. Maybe that will change as I get older, who knows?

But I still have an eye for quality, and those look real, real nice! :cool: Excellent work sir! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Lol yes I know, that's my youngest son. He just gave me my first grandson so I can overlook the cowboy thing.

(I grew up a cowboys fan until the fired Tom Landry)
Okay I forgive you, especially if you're from the Tom Landry days. :p I watched Randy White play at the U of M when I lived down there just outside of College Park. I was disappointed when he was drafted by Dallas.

Okay I forgive you, especially if you're from the Tom Landry days. :p I watched Randy White play at the U of M when I lived down there just outside of College Park. I was disappointed when he was drafted by Dallas.

I was a big Tony Dorsett fan. My dad told me we saw him play in college (don't remember it I was probably 5) when Pitt played WVU. I thought it was amazing to have actually seen an NFL player so I became a cowboys fan. Ironically as I was born with a hatred of Pitt and anything PA in my heart lol.

I've come to the conclusion that slip joints aren't really my thing. Maybe that will change as I get older, who knows?

But I still have an eye for quality, and those look real, real nice! :cool: Excellent work sir! :thumbsup:
Thanks. I forgot to add the other pics with the bottle opener. That's at least makes them a nice tool for the bar or tacklebox.

I have a lot of fond memories with my grand pap and his sliojoint. I guess that's why they hold a special place for me.

I was a big Tony Dorsett fan. My dad told me we saw him play in college (don't remember it I was probably 5) when Pitt played WVU. I thought it was amazing to have actually seen an NFL player so I became a cowboys fan. Ironically as I was born with a hatred of Pitt and anything PA in my heart lol.
I grew up around DC so I got to see the Cowboys play the Redskins quite a few times. Even at the 82 NFC Championship game. I'm in Eagle territory now so I have to watch what I say. :D

I grew up around DC so I got to see the Cowboys play the Redskins quite a few times. Even at the 82 NFC Championship game. I'm in Eagle territory now so I have to watch what I say. :D
Philly isn't a place to be a fan of any other team! My son (the cowboys fan) married a girl from Philly. Not sure how that will work out lol.

Loved Dorsett! My dad was a Cowboys fan (not sure why) so I started out that way too...followed them until the 90s dynasty ended and they started the revolving door of crap QBs and coaches. Switched over to the local team, which has turned out OK:D

Back