1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Parata release date?

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by SilvaSpyder, Jun 17, 2019.

1. SilvaSpyder

SilvaSpyder Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2018
    Has anyone heard anything on the release date of the Parata?

2. BilboBaggins

BilboBaggins Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 14, 2016
    Have also been waiting to see this one. They announced it an eternity ago. Makes me wonder if there are production issues with the new lock. They showed the production sample in March of 18.

3. Daniel

Daniel Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 1998
    Tomorrow

4. tulsamal

tulsamal

May 14, 1999
    Please tell me you aren’t kidding!

Of course that was 10 days ago and I haven’t seen one yet.

I literally look every day.

5. Daniel

Daniel Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 1998
    Tomorrow

6. kwselke

kwselke

Jan 5, 2018
    Soon

Daniel likes this.
  7. tulsamal

tulsamal

May 14, 1999
    Just got the email. Showing "In Stock" at gpknives.com. I ordered mine first... then came here to let others know! Been waiting all year for this one.

8. tulsamal

tulsamal

May 14, 1999
    Wow, I placed my order at 11:55. Got shipment notice at 12:32. Parata on the way! Can't wait... this one is going to get carried.

9. tulsamal

tulsamal

May 14, 1999
    Looks like DLT is showing it in stock as well. Sorry guys, DLT is a great place to order from... but I got the notification email from gpknives first.

10. Cscotttsss

Cscotttsss Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Hmmmm.......That's a weird looking one.

11. PirateSeulb

PirateSeulb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 6, 2017
    I really am curious about the lock on it plus its a pretty cool looking knife.

12. sgt1372

sgt1372 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 16, 2018
    It's currently available on Spyderco's website but no longer on GPK but still available on DLT as I write this.

The Parata is similar to the Dialex, Silverax and Ouroboros; the latter 2 also designed by Alexander as is the Parata.

I've got the Dialex and Silverax but have decided to pass on both the Ouroboros and Parata. They're just not for me.