Paring down models...

Stunned and disappointed. Recently decided I was going to focus my purchases on the Karda family. C'est la vie. The only other Fiddleback offering a full 4 finger grip and <3 inch blade I am aware of is the Dhumpback. Hopefully one of the new models fits this description.

I too was most surprised to see the Karda family on the list. The ED Karda is an awesome design, and while I admit I haven’t EDCed mine, I attribute that to the carbon steel. I do pick it up from time to time, admire it, and tell myself I really should carry this knife. I’ve been hoping a stainless one would show up with nice neutral scale material.

Stunned and disappointed. Recently decided I was going to focus my purchases on the Karda family. C'est la vie. The only other Fiddleback offering a full 4 finger grip and <3 inch blade I am aware of is the Dhumpback. Hopefully one of the new models fits this description.

BCK on the list surprised me too, and for same reason you give -- full 4-finger grip. The Carver is another sub-3-inch that offers a 4-finger grip. Its sorta-Wharny blade does some things better than BCK, like carving and peeling mangoes, and other EDC things just as well, like opening packages or cutting cord. But BCK is the one I carry most, since it has the single most useful blade I've found for most daily uses. If I need a bigger blade, it's generally for some task that's around the house, so a more suitable model will be nearby. If it's for when I'm in the woods, then something bigger than BCK will be the model that's come along with me. Another model with a full 4-finger grip is the 3-inch Big Mitt, though its blade is slightly over 3 inches, and it's handle is really full.

Last edited:
I'm glad you're on board Mr. Murray. Are you jogging yet?
Yes. Getting back into body building.

On a knife note, I'd love to see some offerings in D2. It's my favorite all around steel. Even though it's not the newest flavor today, it's about the best of both worlds. First it's a carbon tool steel that's almost stainless. Just my 3 cents.

Glad I just scored my Ladyfinger that just arrived today . Man I love this knife and I think it being removed from current line up makes me love it even more! Plus it gives me an excuse to find another Fiddleback favorite :D
xm9lobI.jpg

Back