Part Karambit, and Part Scalpel, introducing the new Skaralpel

David Mary

pass the mustard - after you cut it
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
These slender lengths of tough 1084 steel are 4 mm thick, 7 3/4" long, and sport a 1" diameter circular hole for deployment and retention. They are cold blued and carried snugly in black Kydex sleeves. At 2.7 oz each (3.7 in the sheath), they are perfect for neck carry, pocket carry, or belt carry. These tools are zero ground with a small 20° microbevel, and they perform just as you would expect they would for their 50% scalpel DNA.

They will go on sale Monday. I will make more of these in time, and as a refine the design.

Thanks for looking!

IMG_7534.JPG
IMG_7528.JPG
IMG_7529.JPG
IMG_7531.JPG
IMG_7532.JPG
IMG_7535.JPG

Shout out to @chugokujin for his excellent design input, and @W. Anderson for introducing me to cold bluing.

These are really cool and a great sheath too well done. Neck knife or front pocket what are your thoughts? Have you seen the kydex sheath with a “hook” ( for lack of better wording) that catches the front pocket for quick deployment? These look nice and light.....and sharp.

Thank you! I've thought about doing something like that with Kydex, but in my mind a shock cord offers the same benefit for deployment, and is not a permanent feature, in case another carry method is desired at certain times.

Good night everyone. See you Monday.

Back