Pastor Aleman Camper

Just picked up this pocket Knife in a Thrift Store. I just like the look of it, a traditional old pocket knife. It has a blade, can opener, bottle opener and a leather punch. The bolsters appear to be real bone (but who knows might be micarta?) and it has a bail. The only markings on it are; on the blade it says Pastor Aleman Stainless Steel; on the bolster it says Camper. I have found only one other like it on the internet, on ebay. They claim it was made in Ireland. http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-STA...467855?hash=item3f74bcc4cf:g:39QAAOSw2xRYkRY-
But the one on ebay is in far worse shape than mine. In fact mine doesn't look like it was used much at all. I found a few posts on here that mention Pastor Aleman but no real info. Any information would be appreciated.
20170603_151110_zpswdwh5dca.jpg

20170603_151225_zpsqu0cwqo5.jpg

20170603_151258_zpsvq157hr4.jpg

Last edited:
Peter, I don't know anything about your knife, but is that a picture of a dog on the blade etch? Isn't "pastor Aleman" Spanish for "German Shepherd"? Could it be made in a Spanish-speaking country rather than Ireland?

Anyway, nice find! :cool: Looks to be a scout knife in excellent condition!

- GT

Hi. Pastor Aleman is Spanish for the German Shepherd dog. I can't tell from your photo but perhaps that's a German Shepherd in the circle. The knife in the link doesn't have anything at all to do with your knife except they are both scout type knives. Lots of companies make scout knives. I don't know the brand on your knife. Maybe it's made in Spain. Maybe not. I didn't find the name at all in Goins' Encyclopedia.

There's some mixups on the parts. The bolsters are the metal parts on each end. The covers appear to be bone. Micarta is very unlikely since its use on pocket knives is very recent. It has camper on the shield.

Sorry. Got my parts mixed up. I usually collect fixed blades. There is no stamp on the tang. Just on the blade. Yes, That could be a shepard. Here's a blow up
20170603_151225_zpskbo3falr.jpg

This was in a military thrift store on an Army Base. My guess is some soldier picked it up overseas. I have found some very interesting items in these military thrift stores, that you probably would never find at Good Will or Salvation Army.

Nice photos. I'm not familiar with the brand but with a Google search I can find other knives with the same brand. Some were described as made in Japan and then branded with a Spanish brand. Could be.

The brand is listed in Blade's Guide but there are a lot of question marks. This is what it says...

Pastor Aleman =German Shepherd (Spanish) Mexico? Jap/Ger.? Import brand? C1970s?

Well that makes it really clear..... LOL Thanks. Still that's more info than I had before.

I have a similar knife, except mine has red scales like a SAK, with a Cross with two horizontal bars, like a Cross of Lorraine, inside a shield. Same blades/tools you have plus a corkscrew. The tang on the spear point blade has a German Sheppard head and "Pastor Aleman" which as stated above means "German Sheppard". John

Back