Patiently waiting....

So I’ve had my large pj inkosi insingo a month and haven’t put it down since. Now I’m wanting to get a smaller companion for it and have broke it down to two options. A small 31 black mic arts inlay drop point or a small pj inkosi tanto. I would more than likely be ordering one in the next few days buuuuuutttttt I heard Tim say they planned on pumping the S45vn blades out around the end of the summer!!! So I guess I’m in this patient waiting game for one of my two choices to pop up with the new S45vn blade, I know there’s not going to be a night and day difference with it but if I’m in the market and it’s this close to them coming I might as well wait! Any of you guys in the same boat?

I was in the same boat earlier this year, but caved in. I had been wanting a CRK for a couple years, but was not really impressed with S35VN. Then, I made the decision to grab a 21 before they were gone just to have one and for my 50th, my wife got me a micarta insingo 21, my first CRK. I was so impressed with the knife that I allowed the addiction to set in and 2 months later, I got a CF Damascus 21, so 2 CRK’s in 2 months....that’s how it works right.

Now I’m trying to decide if I want to add an Inkosi now or wait for the new steel. I’ve greatly warmed up to the S35VN, so I’m not hesitant to grab something I like if the urge strikes.

I'm no steel nerd but isn't 45vn more chippy and what are the odds CRK will perfect it right off the bat?

I'm no steel nerd but isn't 45vn more chippy and what are the odds CRK will perfect it right off the bat?

I’ve not seen anything about it being “chippy”. I read it has better corrosion resistance and has slightly better edge retention than S35vn.

I am anxious to try S45VN, but am going to a different brand for that. As for its performance I haven’t heard anything negative about it.....
The wait is always tough and I have been there many times trying to choose between models...... 21’s are sweet and glad you scored one. They made far more of those than the regulars so don’t expect them to dry up as quickly or at all like the regulars did.

Being left handed, waiting is normal for us. I’m not too anxious about the S45VN, but if a lefty pops up, I’ll grab it. I’m really waiting for a lefty in boomerang Damascus to show up. The one I have on order is still a year or so out.

S45vn is really almost indistinguishable from s35vn to be honest. The composition changes are incredibly minuscule.

It is certainly not enough to make one more “chippy” than the other.

Back