Patrol Machete

The patrol machete is one of my favorite Beckers produce and yet ,you hardly ever hear a peep about them..... :confused: Why is that ?
I love mine.....:D
I would love to see a revised Ka-bar version but I dont think so ,maybe someone in the 'Know" can shed light on this :thumbup:

I remember in an ealier thread about the brute anything longer than the BK9 means retooling ,cost of everything changes or something,not tooled up for anything larger than the BK9 right now...

I remember in an ealier thread about the brute anything longer than the BK9 means retooling ,cost of everything changes or something,not tooled up for anything larger than the BK9 right now...

Hmmmm...I'll have to try and snag a Camillus model if that's the case.

I remember reading about a grinding issue for the Machete and how Kabar does not own one large enough.

I picked up a Camillus Becker Patrol machete blank on ebay a while back.
I'm hoping to start that project soon! (got a belt sander recently...woohoo!)
Would love to see BF members pics of their patrol machetes!
Pics might start an upswell of demand for a kabar version as well!
:)

Well if they cant make it in the US how about getting them from Taiwan in 1085 like the heavy bowies.

Would be cost savers.

IF they do it ...they would need a better sheath. My machete's sheath is like a thick sock. Love the blade but the sheath needs work.
T

I recall the reason was that only Camillus had large enough flat grinders to work with 14" blades. I hope they bring the Patrol Machete back too... I sold mine many years ago :(

I gave one to my dad years ago. I recently saw it in the garage and on the front porch. It's well used and abused, with some rust and lots of dings and chips in the edge.

Collectors would have a fit if they saw it.

I, on the other hand, know how much my dad like to chop the crap out of stuff with a machete. The use and pleasure he's gotten from it is worth a lot more to me than any price someone would pay for it unused in the box.

Back