• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Pattern Weld Chef. SOLD

G L Drew

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I have found that a very thin blade works best for me in the kitchen. This one is about 1/8 inch at the index finger and gradually tapers to the tip. I also have learned that most folks like to choke up on the blade curling a couple of fingers over the top of the blade so I have rounded the top of the spine.

I forged a billet with 135 layers of 15N20 and 1084 steel into a ladder pattern and formed it into this medium size chef. I do my own heat treating in a digitally controlled furnace using 5 cycles of controlled temperatures to produce a very fine grain in the blade. This is very important in a knife this thin. Someone asked me once how I test my knives and I answered that I use them in the kitchen because this is where they are used hard every day.

The overall length is 11 inches with a 6 3/4 inch blade. The handle is from Micarta, a very durable and grippy material.

SOLD delivered within the US. I will ship out of the US with actual shipping costs added to the price. My PayPal and email address is gldrewknives@gmail.com

Last edited:
Back