Patterns

holy moly! can't wait to take some time to look through these later. thanks john.

Boy what a nice assortment of fine cutting tools, going to look at these in more detail after getting back from Blade Show west this weekend. I never knew there were so many patterns.

There are quite a few that grab my eyes! Thanks for sharing, John!

Also, I'm honored to have my hokey little piece of cardboard amongst your great patterns!

I’m thinking it’s probably time to get rid of some of these, way too many to keep, some are pretty similar.

John, if it's not too much trouble, I'm curious about the dimensions of two of the patterns in post #13. From the top: #1 in the left hand column and #3 in the right hand column. They both have the "harpoon" style thumb ramps. Also, if they have names, that might make it easier to remember for the future. Thank you!

There's some really good looking stuff in there, John. I know I would be hard pressed to toss any away, myself.

First one is a customer design, 8” overall with a 3 7/8” blade
Second is the Bulldog, 8 1/2” overall with a 4” blade

Going to have to clean the drool off my desk now.

never mind found it. I sent it to your email. im not a artist let me know what you come up with that was just my first thoughts.

As far as I can tell, it looks too long for my furnace. I’m also not sure what the hole marked 7/16 Allen wrench means, and I don’t think I can do the grind as shown, especially by the circle cutout on the bottom.

the 7/16 is just a whole for making primitive arrows and I use them for a few other things. we can shorten it up to meet your max length and I have faith in your grinds john

Sweet mother of......wow.

best

mqqn

I’m going to go through the pattern box, pick out my favorite 30-35 patterns, and throw out the rest that never caught on. (Should have done this years ago before they got out of hand!) Then I’ll try to come up with some new ideas.

Back