Pay It Forward -- it's been a while

I may have a thing or two as well. Depends if anyone here is looking for a straight razor

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I would be interested if you decide to offer up a razor. I've been looking for a decent one but I have no idea where to start. I have some stuff I'll offer up this week, glad this is starting up again!!

I would be interested if you decide to offer up a razor. I've been looking for a decent one but I have no idea where to start. I have some stuff I'll offer up this week, glad this is starting up again!!
Perfect. I just got it back from having it professionally honed. I have two, but prefer my other.

I can send you pictures. It's a full hollow, and I think 6/8 and the point is bit rounded from use. Joseph Rodgers is the brand. I'll also sterilize it with professional barbicide since I've cut myself with it, my wife has a ton of the barbicide, she works at a salon

Perfect. I just got it back from having it professionally honed. I have two, but prefer my other.

I can send you pictures. It's a full hollow, and I think 6/8 and the point is bit rounded from use. Joseph Rodgers is the brand. I'll also sterilize it with professional barbicide since I've cut myself with it, my wife has a ton of the barbicide, she works at a salon

For those of us that are watching in the sidelines, can you explain what all of that means? Some of us don't know jack about straight razors but would like to learn.

Not trying to derail thread, just wanting to learn.

I have a couple of Gerber multi-tools that are in pieces. Maybe I can make one good complete MT and pass it forward.

I love this thread. That's why I will offer my used Ontario RAT 1 for anyone wanting to try it. It will come with the box.

I choose to offer it today on the Valentine's Day because it has PINK handle. It will be a good knife to give to the misses after some sharpening.

I meant to put it up as a give away a while ago but never had the chance to do it. Now this is the perfect place for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgot to mention, it will be nice if the taker can help me on the shipping cost ($5). It will help me toward my house fund!

For those of us that are watching in the sidelines, can you explain what all of that means? Some of us don't know jack about straight razors but would like to learn.

I have a couple of Gerber multi-tools that are in pieces. Maybe I can make one good complete MT and pass it forward.

If you do, I could really use one. In my office I'm kind of the guy people go to to fix things, and have been looking for an inexpensive but good multi tool to keep in my desk.

I been been researching and spending my time in razor communities for wet shaving and double edge safety razor and straight razors.
I never have shaved with either yet. I have been researching the vintage and restoration side as well as use. What originally got me interested was my love for Sharp objects and cutlery. It really sparked last November when I broke my foot at work and was looking and researching alternative cheaper methods for shaving.

The initial cost in straight razors is a lot, specially when talking about buying good sharpening stones. Other wise depending on use you'll be needing your razor serviced and honed every so often. Shavettes are straight razors that use disposable blades. Either proprietary or double edges, sometimes snapped in half. Of course famous double edge razors use the univeral DE blades.

I still have not switched over as I'm still recovering but when I do I plan on gifting some to my dad too. He over uses disposables. There is a lot to learn. Wet shaving with straights is like a art to their community.

Dude, I love this thread! Props to JupiterPaladin for starting it back up again. :)

All I have are some Rough Rider, Colt and Marbles traditionals. One of each, actually. All are pretty much like new. I like my Wenger Tradesman too much to switch to another type of multitool, and the trapper was an impulse buy because of the horse on it awesome green and blue synthetic semiprecious stone inlay. :eek: :p

2CC56070-4983-49FB-BA3D-02ECA0997681_zpswe9iggax.jpg

BAD94CB6-8376-4D3F-A8E6-EA8A35B3EAE5_zps5tggiptb.jpg

4D64F768-DF91-44E2-A3E4-0FDDF5EC79B9_zpsitzh9aps.jpg

And this fixed blade that I got from this thread. It's not quite the right shape for my hand and I'm not using it so I'm putting 'er back into the mix for someone else who needs/wants it.

7EC6E71B-2BCE-4095-BEC2-B12BDB4BC76F_zpsagz2auqy.jpg

If you do, I could really use one. In my office I'm kind of the guy people go to to fix things, and have been looking for an inexpensive but good multi tool to keep in my desk.

You would get a solid MT but it might not be very pretty!

I think my supply of files and scissors is very limited and I am not sure if I have enough components to complete one good MP-600 Gerber. Let me see what I have left. Check back with me first part of next week for more info.

I love this thread. That's why I will offer my used Ontario RAT 1 for anyone wanting to try it. It will come with the box.

I choose to offer it today on the Valentine's Day because it has PINK handle. It will be a good knife to give to the misses after some sharpening.

I meant to put it up as a give away a while ago but never had the chance to do it. Now this is the perfect place for it

I would love to get the RAT 1 for three reasons

1. It's Valentine's day.

2. The knife is pink- fitting for knife on Valentine's day.

3. The knife will go to my daughter who is away at school and she has a standing joke with me about the time I gave her a Valentine card with picture of a rat on it.
That was years ago and she has never let me forget it.

Just let me know what I have to do to make it happen.

I'd like to offer up these two to the crowd
First is a Rough Rider Half Hawk, basically new condition. I've sharpened the main blade, never carried it, and it's looking for someone who will have a use for it. Great knife with excellent snap and fit and finish.
97cf574bd9dfaaf5f7f367cbc9ab77a7.jpg

Next is an old colonial scout knife. One thing to note is that the tip of the blade makes contact with the spine when it snaps closed, which bugs the hell out of me. Other than that the blade (geometry, steel, etc) is excellent - in just a few minutes it took an extremely keen edge. Also to note is that the awl has snapped closed on my thumb before and cracked my nail, but that's because I was applying a lot of force. Just thought I'd mention it.
709665573bc637ef3dec6a5b52792fc0.jpg

If you'd like either one of these, I only ask that you would please pay shipping.

Hey I'm not getting what makes me special for helping my own mom out Jupiter but I won turn down your offer. I sent you an email from your profile if that's ok with you.

Austo - It's going out at lunchtime today. I also threw in a set of What brand torx bits because I remembered you saying something about a left handed pocket clip so you'll be able to move that if you want. Just put the bits in any 1/4" driver and make sure to match the size properly so you don't strip out the inside of your screws. Tracking number is in your email buddy. Enjoy!

Austo - It's going out at lunchtime today. I also threw in a set of What brand torx bits because I remembered you saying something about a left handed pocket clip so you'll be able to move that if you want. Just put the bits in any 1/4" driver and make sure to match the size properly so you don't strip out the inside of your screws. Tracking number is in your email buddy. Enjoy!

That was very kind of you to do. I wonder if Austo understands just how nice of gift you are giving. The Volli is not a cheap knife. And, the sharpener and Torx are icing on the cake.

Well done, JP. Well done.

That was very kind of you to do. I wonder if Austo understands just how nice of gift you are giving. The Volli is not a cheap knife. And, the sharpener and Torx are icing on the cake.

Right?

Those wiha tools are top notch.

I'm sure he does. Seems like a pretty good kid as far as I can tell. I just figured that I received a decent amount of generosity here when I started with my best blade being a 30 year old Victorinox Gardener and now I have a few really nice things and wanted to give the same opportunity to another member that was in a similar position. And the Wiha bits are excellent. I ordered a set from T5 to T60 for Christmas and they sent it twice. I offered to send it back but the customer service rep told me not to worry about it! I'm very pleased that my sentiment seems to have rejuvenated that spark this thread once had. Good going everyone! Let's keep it going!

By the way, here's an update on the manix 2 lw that was very generously given to me by Manatnoir last year. I carried it a lot, fondled it, and really loved the knife. However, I have a friend who's really into nice knives, but isn't able to afford more than an all steel kershaw, so I've decided to pass the knife on to him, as I know that he'll appreciate it and carry it even more than I do. I'm assuming it'll be a relief for him to swap that boat anchor out of his pocket (seriously kershaw, steel handles?)
Thanks again to Manatnoir!
5ff205773db11dbb5e82ceda020d4351.jpg

I would love to get the RAT 1 for three reasons

1. It's Valentine's day.

2. The knife is pink- fitting for knife on Valentine's day.

3. The knife will go to my daughter who is away at school and she has a standing joke with me about the time I gave her a Valentine card with picture of a rat on it.
That was years ago and she has never let me forget it.

Just let me know what I have to do to make it happen.

Sorry for the late reply. Please email me at chehsieh AT gmail

Back