PayPal Problems

Did I see that some here use PayPal??

buyer (and seller) beware:

http://news.com.com/2100-1017-842240.html

These guys kinda look like they want the advantages of being a bank, but without the obligations. They're in a very grey zone...

Also, I've seen that they keep customer information and don't provide it to the businesses that use them. Businesses don't like that and are looking for an alternative.

"PayPal raised more than $70 million in its IPO. The company, which has never posted a profit, lost $18.54 million on sales of $40.4 million in the fourth quarter last year."

Misinformation Alert: They don't SELL anything. They're a middleman who collects a commission or transaction fee. 1-2 percent?

Could be another dot-(stink)bomb.

Look for the "https" when you're using Paypal. If the "s" isn't there watch out. You might be getting conned.

It's worked fine for me since I signed on -- nobody's lost anything, including me and sales going direct via paypal, avoiding Andale are cheaper.

It's worked fine for me since I signed on

Uncle, I'm glad to hear that.

This is a different problem than people pretending to be Paypal, or somehow getting CC# by evesdropping via a similar URL as mentioned previously. Losses from those problems apparently caused PayPal to react in a fashion that created a NEW problem inside of PayPal itself.

It looks like if a couple customers dispute charges with their CC company, Paypal could freeze YOUR account for days or weeks.

If it didn't work reasonably well I don't think it would have lasted this long. However, I do empty my account on a daily basis -- sometimes twice a day, just in case.

I have never had a problem with PayPal. I have both sent and received funds through them. But, never had a charge back which might be the problem. Anyway, it seems to work OK for me. Hope they don't do a belly flop!

I do empty my account on a daily basis -- sometimes twice a day, just in case.

Very smart.

Just thought it was worth linking to especially since several state's banking regulators are giving them the big fisheye right now, and they're getting sued in California. A service of this type is sorely needed--Hope they can provide it in a proper manner.

Somehow Paypal services is not available for Malaysian - when I tried it last week I got stuck because Malaysia is not in it's list of country - Unluckily it is a manadatory field to be filled up - Telephone code for Malaysia is also not listed as well! I thought it was just me who fumble about it - finally I checked it with Redvenom and he told me that Paypal is not available for Malaysia.

It shames me to say that this is probably due to Malaysia having a pretty bad rep for credit card fraud. Quite a few dealers in the US expressed some concern about my CC when I ordered from them the first time.

Andrew Limsk

Indonesia is the tops for cc fraud. I've gotten probably 15 or 20 orders from Indonesia -- every single one was using a stolen credit card.

Back