• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Peakbagger46 - Knife Flipper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kettleman

I left when this stopped being fun
BANNED
Platinum Member
Good afternoon,

For those that don’t know me, My name is Clay. I have been a member here since 2015 with one account ( long story) or another.

I wanted to take the time to do this the correct way and try to stop what I find to be a real unethical and crap way to treat our community.

P Peakbagger46 is a “ member” that only exists on Blade Forums for the sole reason to take advantage of our community for his personal gain. He is a professional knife flipper, preying on a community of good people offering good deals to like minded enthusiasts which in my view makes him a scumbag.

In his entire time here he has never sold a knife to a member here on the exchange and very rarely even entered into a thread other than the exchange. He is a vulture circling the exchange scavenging fairly priced knives meant to be sold to fellow community members and enthusiasts only to resell them at inflated prices on his Ebay store, under the same user name he has here. The store is completely stocked with knives purchased on this forum, but don’t just take my word for it….

If the link is against the rules and must be taken down Ive added a couple screen shots below. If you spend time on the exchange you will recognize all these pictured and listed knives.

He doesn’t deny it nor does he even try to hide it because for some unknown reason he has been allowed this practice for several years. I do not understand how at the very least he is not required to be a Dealer/Materials Provider level member as it is exactly what he is as spelled out in the exchange rules

”DEALER / MATERIALS PROVIDER - Dealers are defined as anyone who purchases at wholesale pricing, or purchases items with the intent to resell (flipping). Other terms for dealers include purveyor, broker, reseller, etc. “

I called his and others behavior out a few years ago under an old user name/account and the thread was shut down as I did not go about it correctly I assume. When I returned this year to the community I enjoy so much I was very frustrated to see him and the practice still going and going even stronger.

I understand he isn’t the only flipper around, just look at what goes up for sale after each drop of a wanted model ( Monkey Edge Frag Umnumzaan anyone?).

But the honest truth is that if we didn’t allow him or the others to take advantage of us they would just go away, but members continue to sell to him perhaps because they do not know what he really is…Lets fix that!

Folks if Peakbagger46 offers on your knife you can be assured of 3 things:

1. You have priced it very fairly
  2. It will end up on the Bay if you sell to him.
  3. Another decent member will be along shortly to buy your knife.

It’s so bad I actually bought 2 knives ( CF Inkosi Insingo and a Tanto Zaan) in the last month I didn’t even want, just to keep them off of Ebay. I then sold them to others on the thread for my purchase price.

Please understand I post this for the community as a whole. I have come to really love this place and just want to see other members have the same opportunity to buy knives at fair prices to try out and move on to others as I did all those years ago when starting out. What he is doing is taking these opportunities and knives out of our community never to return.

My guess is this thread will be met with a mix of emotions and responses, I’ll probably be run thru the coals for it and perhaps even be given an administrative warning, so be it. We must all choose a hill to die on and if this is mine, fine.

People please don’t sell to Peakbagger46 or other flippers. I would say don’t buy from them either but I understand the heart wants what it wants and a knife is worth what you are willing to pay. However there is no reason to sell to them, none! If they will pay your price so will a fellow community member

IMG_1292.jpegIMG_1291.jpegIMG_1290.jpegIMG_1289.jpegIMG_1288.jpeg

Last edited:
thank you for the heads up, to the block list he goes, though i am not much for moderns even though id like to replace my small 21 insingo. looks like thanks to people like that i wont be able to.

Not a fan of flippers, there’s a couple other flippers in our community who I will not transact with. I either break even or most likely always sell at a loss. Thanks for the heads up on this guy as well.

Good afternoon,

I wanted to take the time to do this the correct way and try to stop what I find to be a real unethical and crap way to treat our community.

P Peakbagger46 is a “ member” that only exists on Blade Forums for the sole reason to take advantage of our community for his personal gain. He is a professional knife flipper, preying on a community of good people offering good deals to like minded enthusiasts which in my view makes him a scumbag.

In his entire time here he has never sold a knife to a member here on the exchange and very rarely even entered into a thread other than the exchange. He is a vulture circling the exchange scavenging fairly priced knives meant to be sold to fellow community members and enthusiasts only to resell them at inflated prices on his Ebay store, under the same user name he has here. The store is completely stocked with knives purchased on this forum, but don’t just take my word for it….

If the link is against the rules and must be taken down Ive added a couple screen shots below. If you spend time on the exchange you will recognize all these pictured and listed knives.

He doesn’t deny it nor does he even try to hide it because for some unknown reason he has been allowed this practice for several years. I do not understand how at the very least he is not required to be a Dealer/Materials Provider level member as it is exactly what he is as spelled out in the exchange rules

”DEALER / MATERIALS PROVIDER - Dealers are defined as anyone who purchases at wholesale pricing, or purchases items with the intent to resell (flipping). Other terms for dealers include purveyor, broker, reseller, etc. “

I called his and others behavior out a few years ago under an old user name/account and the thread was shut down as I did not go about it correctly I assume. When I returned this year to the community I enjoy so much I was very frustrated to see him and the practice still going and going even stronger.

I understand he isn’t the only flipper around, just look at what goes up for sale after each drop of a wanted model ( Monkey Edge Frag Umnumzaan anyone?).

But the honest truth is that if we didn’t allow him or the others to take advantage of us they would just go away, but members continue to sell to him perhaps because they do not know what he really is…Lets fix that!

Folks if Peakbagger46 offers on your knife you can be assured of 3 things:

1. You have priced it very fairly
  2. It will end up on the Bay if you sell to him.
  3. Another decent member will be along shortly to buy your knife.

It’s so bad I actually bought 2 knives ( CF Inkosi Insingo and a Tanto Zaan) in the last month I didn’t even want, just to keep them off of Ebay. I then sold them to others on the thread for my purchase price.

Please understand I post this for the community as a whole. I have come to really love this place and just want to see other members have the same opportunity to buy knives at fair prices to try out and move on to others as I did all those years ago when starting out. What he is doing is taking these opportunities and knives out of our community never to return.

My guess is this thread will be met with a mix of emotions and responses, I’ll probably be run thru the coals for it and perhaps even be given an administrative warning, so be it. We must all choose a hill to die on and if this is mine, fine.

People please don’t sell to flippers. I would say don’t buy from them either but I understand the heart wants what it wants and a knife is worth what you are willing to pay. However there is no reason to sell to them, none! If they will pay your price so will a fellow community member

View attachment 2266278View attachment 2266279View attachment 2266280View attachment 2266281View attachment 2266282
Wow with the Bladeforums knives!

Quite a few flippers on here. You'll always see them come out when drops happen too, they'll jack up the price by a wide margin.

It’s also possible that this buyer may be helping some members to turn their knives into quick cash to pay off some pressing bills, or to fund another knife purchase. I’ve always liked to have cash buyers take an interest in what I’m selling.
If he is squared up with the administration by having the right membership, then he may not be doing that much harm. There are so many good knives to buy out there that it isn’t possible to own them all, and new models keep arriving.
This second hand folding knife business can be tricky if something breaks. I also can’t see that he is making huge profits by this method. He may be selling used knives for extra money just to pay his rent, or meet other financial obligations.
It’s all good, and by you bringing it to everyone’s attention that their knives could wind up on eBay, they now have a better chance to make their own choice. Flippers that buy up knife drops to resell can be categorized as a separate problem, since they frustrate the serious collector.

Last edited:
It’s also possible that this buyer may be helping some members to turn their knives into quick cash to pay off some pressing bills, or to fund another knife purchase. I’ve always liked to have cash buyers take an interest in what I’m selling.
If he is squared up with the administration by having the right membership, then he may not be doing that much harm. There are so many good knives to buy out there that it isn’t possible to own them all, and new models keeps arriving.
This second hand folding knife business can be tricky if something breaks. I also can’t see that he is making huge profits by this method. He may be selling used knives for extra money just to pay his rent, other meet financial obligations.
It’s all good, and by you bringing it the everyone’s attention that their knives could wind up on eBay, they now have a better chance to make their own choice. Flippers that buy up knife drops to resell can be categorized as a separate problem, since they frustrate the serious collector.
He just bought a Umnumzaan Lefty though and it's up on the bay for $120 more + shipping.

It's clearly in the exchange rules against flipping but that's a matter for the Mods to decide I suppose.

Edit: that's a different Umnumzaan so I don't know what he's upcharging.

Thank you, OP! Finally! Someone here with a set of balls calling out 1 of BF"s most blatant, prolific flippers- P Peakbagger46

It's beyond pathetic, how this indignant self-entitled low life, feels his actions are totally acceptable in this otherwise tight knit knife hobbyist community. The fact that he doesn't even try and attempt using any type of discretion (you'd think using a different name for his Ebay Store at least). His Ebay Store with his big inventory of BF scores, is like a big neon "F%*K YOU" to every single BF knife hobbyist trying to enjoy this hobby.

On a positive note: This zero scruples scumbag, has easily saved me at least $2500 (conservatively speaking) snatching up every single CRK/Hinderer/Strider (among others), brotherly priced deals listed here in the sales exchange, this past year alone.

I'm all for free enterprise/capitalism, but not when it involves a member here blatantly doing this here in our community, en-essence $hitting in our own back yard...and not even having the decency to clean up after himself.

I remember there being a huge uproar in the GBU a couple/three years ago, back when some member here was snatching up all the GEC/Traditional knives, and then listing them with outrageous price markups in his Ebay store. I also remember the community here uniting/rallying and putting a stop to this.

Part of the reason why I am so passionately against this practice (flipping), is because I've tried to be fair and give sweetheart deals to some of the really good guys here. Gee, I wonder what Peakbagger would be asking for this NIB CRK Wilson Combat Zaan I sold for $600 to 1999 Member, Ron Sabbagh....while all these yahoo's flocked over from Reddit and shit all over my thread..... I stood firm, held out, and waited for the right brother to come along whom I WANTED to have this knife. Life/this hobby, isn't always about money. < Take note, Peakbagger46, you might learn something here.

Correct me if I am wrong, but it appears that he would need a dealer membership (which he does not have)here. If so that would alert others as to the type of buyer they are dealing with, and can decide for themselves if they care to sell to him.

He just bought a Umnumzaan Lefty though and it's up on the bay for $120 more + shipping.

It's clearly in the exchange rules against flipping but that's a matter for the Mods to decide I suppose.

Edit: that's a different Umnumzaan so I don't know what he's upcharging.

Unless I’m missing something, I don’t even see the point on this example.

Say he bought that Zaan for $500. He listed it for $120 more you said? eBay charges 15% or so in seller fees.

So he would pay $93ish in eBay fees.

That means he only netted like $27 off that Zaan.

That doesn’t even include the massive 1099 eBay will be sending at the end of the year.

Say he bought that Zaan for $500. He listed it for $120 more you said? eBay charges 15% or so in seller fees.

That doesn’t even include the massive 1099 eBay will be sending at the end of the year.
Massive is an exaggeration. Capital gains are a thing

That's why I edited the comment, not sure what he paid for that particular Umnumzaan, if he list's the one he just bought for around the similar price as you mentioned that's definitely not a lot of profit margin if any.

But strictly in the exchange rules DEALER / MATERIALS PROVIDER - Dealers are defined as anyone who purchases at wholesale pricing, or purchases items with the intent to resell (flipping). Other terms for dealers include purveyor, broker, reseller, etc. Materials Providers offer raw materials such as steel, handle materials, or other items related to knifemaking in general as typical stock for sale to the forum members or to the general public via their own store front or website. We reserve the right to make the final determination as to what constitutes a "dealer".

Clearly he's buying and flipping......whether he flips for a profit remains to be seen lol.

I don’t actually care about the money. Hell I’m a capitalist. It’s the removal of these knives and the opportunity to purchase them as intended by our friends and community members that is wrong.

I could sell on EBay for better money, we all could. We choose to sell to one another at fair prices because of our shared passion for the hobby.

Think about it, we actually give knives to one another! In the many years and a few memberships I’ve had I my self have given away 20 or so. I know others that have done the same. It’s what we do for the hobby and each other. But when this guy and his kind come in and buy up the fair priced knives, then takes them off site to sell they are gone. Those knives will never belong to us or the next generation of BF. Are there more to buy? Sure but thats not the point no is it?

I bought my 1 CRK on the exchange in 2015. It was pretty neat and I paid 265 for a Small Sebenza. It got me started. The exchange allowed me to try Hinder, Stryker, CRK and lots more for fair prices and allowed me to resell here when they didn’t workout for almost the same money ( I usually lost a bit on shipping my wife likes to point out. ) to the next guy that wanted to try it.

When we lose the exchange as part or OUR community how much longer will we keep the rest?

Last edited:
So let me see, he bought the knives with his money. So they are his knives. He is selling them on EBAY and not here. It's a free country, they are his knives and he can do what he wants to with them. It shouldn't bother anyone I wouldn't think. Like Anderdale noted he ain't making that much off them anyways. just sayin

So let me see, he bought the knives with his money. So they are his knives. He is selling them on EBAY and not here. It's a free country, they are his knives and he can do what he wants to with them. It shouldn't bother anyone I wouldn't think. Like Anderdale noted he ain't making that much off them anyways. just sayin
Pretty good points if you don’t actually give a damn about the community. It’s not about his knives and his money, its about the other people here….

It is a free country, so he can do with his knives that he paid with his money however he please. We’re also a fairly tight knit community who enjoy this hobby, and for the majority of us profit gains aren’t even an after thought. We enjoy our knives, and if we feel like we’ve gotten our use out of knives or want to move them along, we generally move them at fair to excellent pricing. Most of us do this for the love of our hobby, not to make money. Kettleman Kettleman is free to alert others to profit driven flippers, who IMO put a bad taste in our community’s mouth.

coolbreezy37 coolbreezy37 Thats all I am trying to do. Let folks know. I cant actually believe most would sell to him knowing the knives were going to stock his retail store. If they were they would raise their prices. He is taking advantage of our good people and nature for his personal gain.

stonesell stonesell I understand your thoughts on the sales helping folks out, however at the prices he buys at another member will be along very shortly to pay. The only knives he buys are priced very fair and wont sit.

coolbreezy37 coolbreezy37 Thats all I am trying to do. Let folks know. I cant actually believe most would sell to him knowing the knives were going to stack his retail store. If they were they would raise their prices.

stonesell stonesell I understand your thoughts on the sales helping folks out, however at the prices he buys at another member will be along very shortly to pay. The only knives he buys are priced very fair and wont sit.
99.9% of his posts are him buying extremely fair priced desirable knives. He’s clearly not in this for the love of the hobby.

One of us! One of us! One of us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back