Penetrator Tip

tinman44

Gold Member
Last I heard the Busse custom shop was closed. I have a Busse I would like a penetrator tip on. Is that possible to grind in without damaging the knife permanently? I know heat could be an issue but if I kept it cool could I do it?

Absolutely go slow, Busses aren’t Dainty little flowers. They can take incredible heat before it affects the Heat Treat.

Also you're removing a tiny amount of material. The angles are super important if you want it to be symmetrical, but the total time spent grinding should just be a gentle 2 or 3 seconds per side. Spend nearly all your time/attention on prepping whatever method you'll use to set the angle, even if it's by hand (practice on something you don't care about to get a feel for making the same/opposite angle on both sides). Super easy to go too far with such a small pair of grinds. Can't put it back, so like Gravel said, go slow and be sure of the angle so you do it in one simple move on each side. Best would be some way to secure the blade at the angle you want. But between it being INFI, and that you really don't have enough material to remove to be grinding long enough to heat it up, I wouldn't worry too much about heat in this case. Just dont jam it into the belt and youll be fine. Focus most on making it look nice so you don't regret it. :)

Last edited:
Strap it to a 2x4 and mount that to your bumper with the tip on the street and the edge up. Drive at the speed limit (on the Autobahn) and you should be good to go in about a mile!:eek:

Or, you can do what Cobalt posted . . . . it's just not as fun! 😂

Let's Drink!:cool:

Jerry:D

Strap it to a 2x4 and mount that to your bumper with the tip on the street and the edge up. Drive at the speed limit (on the Autobahn) and you should be good to go in about a mile!:eek:

Or, you can do what Cobalt posted . . . . it's just not as fun! 😂

Let's Drink!:cool:

Jerry:D

The ammount of damage this will cause to everything around me is unthinkable. I imagine though a few cars will get tires cut off, probably a few weird potholes created, and unfortunately as I exit to check my work it will probably whip around and cut me in half much like a light saber.

Back