• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Pennsylvania knife shops 2016 addition

gscreely

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Since the last thread 11 years ago some stores may have closed and others have since opened.

I would be interested in what else is out there.

The main one that comes up is country knives in Lancaster county, and from a recent visit it gets pretty much the same review as from 11 years ago. Extremely impressive amount of inventory, almost no custom or mid-tech offerings, and full retail.

Another nice stop is Fred Eisen's Leather and Art Knives in New Hope PA. They have a lot of custom knives, they carry Chris Reeves. The don't have a lot of any one thing, but they have a lot of variety from many top makers.

I also want to mention Zerns in Gibertsville PA. They have 3 places that sell knives, one of the places "the cave" sells my custom knives, a few battle horse knives, good selection of edc in $35 range. They also have a few hundred used knives, and are willing to trade and buy small collections on occasion. It is not super high end, but it is worth a look. The other two knife shops in Zerns also carry a variety affordable stuff. The cave is starting to develop an inventory worth checking out.

I'm going to have to remember the one in Gilbertsville on my way to Cabelas next time.

I found a new one in PA, Gift Riteway in Red Lion PA, just south of York. Not bad for a brick and mortar price wise, but it's good to see a non junk knife shop out there.

Too close for my wallets sake, about 15-20 minutes north of me. They had a ZT 301 and 562 I wanted (I've owned a couple examples of each model).

I've heard for years about a knife shop near Downingtown PA, going to have to check out Officerstore after a powwow in Bucks County this September.

Last edited:
Back