Pentagon 2000 Sheath?

Hi. The Pentagon comes with this plastic sheath and there is indent in the middle of the top half of the sheath with what looks to me like some sponge type of material in it. Does anyone here know what this indent does?
BTW, with my one the knife sometimes catches on this sponge stuff and is wrecking it.

Thanks.

Hi Beethoven,

I think the Pentagon is one of SOG's most attractive designs. It was one of the first which caught my attention.

The indent houses a rub-strip which on coated knives reduces abrasions and in general, quiets any rattle the knife might make in the sheath.

Regarding the rub-strip coming off, send me an email about it and let talk.

If there is anything else I can do, please let me know.

------------------
Ron Andersen
Consumer Services Manager
SOG Specialty Knives, Inc.

Email: ron@sogknives.com

The Rub Strip has come off my Pentagon Kydex sheaths also..
The Blade scratches up without the strip..

Are they available with the Leather Sheaths still..

Thanks..

[This message has been edited by ProEdge (edited 12-30-2000).]

[This message has been edited by ProEdge (edited 12-30-2000).]

[This message has been edited by ProEdge (edited 01-03-2001).]

In the conversion process to our new sheaths (on all SOG fixed blade knives), all old sheaths were no longer produced in lie of new ones (both Kydex and leather). With very few exceptions (like the Tigershark and Mini Tsunami), we have no versions of the older sheaths in stock.

The rub strip is designed to keep the knife away from the front panel of the Kydex sheath. Without it (and the "bump" the rub strip rests in), the knife rubs directly on the Kydex material resulting in greater abrasions in the coating than the soft material of the rub strip.

------------------
Ron Andersen
Consumer Services Manager
SOG Specialty Knives, Inc.

Email: ron@sogknives.com

Back