Pentagon XR

razorburn

Gold Member
I have this knife on my list but haven't heard much about thid except some on the negative reviews left on KC.I have seen the reviews on youtube and it seems to be a nice knife - an axis lock with caged bearings and a choice of blade openings via thumbstuds,flipper tab,and flicking the blade open with the lock disengaged.

I have 2 of them. only downside, I've run into is the lock tabs rattle whether open or closed. seems to be the design of the tabs coverings.
everything else seems to work well and fit and finish isn't bad at all.

20210617_212319_compress11.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for your honest input.I haven't bought a SOG in quite awhile. I have noticed some retailers from time to time occasionally price them significantly lower.

Thanks for your honest input.I haven't bought a SOG in quite awhile. I have noticed some retailers from time to time occasionally price them significantly lower.
another thing I noticed on my two. the blade when closed has a tiny bit of play. if ya shake the knife while closed it rattles a bit. doesn't open just bounces tiny amount that makes a rattle sound that is different from the other rattle sound I mentioned earlier. functionally it's nothing, but to someone who likes it closed tight with zero wiggle.....it might annoy them. sorry forgot to mention that..forgot about it until I pulled them back out recently.

Late to the thread but glad I looked back and caught it. This one could be next on my list to complement my new Trident. Hung up on OD green lately but the knife does look awesome with that dagger-like style blade. Was wondering how smooth and quick the blade deploys with this system. Figured the lock-up should be very strong. Does look like a great defense type knife and love that Ti-Ni blade coating. Being mainly a Sog-Buck fan I have found Sog sure puts out some super eye catching models. Anyone else by chance out there that has this knife or can offer opinions on overall quality I would appreciate the info.

An update I picked up a FDE version of the Pentagon XR. I'm really happy that I did.Once broken in open smoothly.

The only con is the blade pivot screw is T6 Torx and didn't want to strip it out as it's also loctited.

I see Sog has come out with the Gray Wolf Pentagon with gray handle. Looks pretty sharp with that Ti-Ni blackened blade. This one is appealing to me. They look awesome for EDC.

I have this knife on my list but haven't heard much about thid except some on the negative reviews left on KC.I have seen the reviews on youtube and it seems to be a nice knife - an axis lock with caged bearings and a choice of blade openings via thumbstuds,flipper tab,and flicking the blade open with the lock disengaged.
I love mine. Perfect.

Back