Pentagon XR

razorburn

Gold Member
I have this knife on my list but haven't heard much about thid except some on the negative reviews left on KC.I have seen the reviews on youtube and it seems to be a nice knife - an axis lock with caged bearings and a choice of blade openings via thumbstuds,flipper tab,and flicking the blade open with the lock disengaged.

jbmonkey

Supreme windbag
Platinum Member
I have 2 of them. only downside, I've run into is the lock tabs rattle whether open or closed. seems to be the design of the tabs coverings.
everything else seems to work well and fit and finish isn't bad at all.

20210617_212319_compress11.jpg

Last edited:

razorburn

Gold Member
Thanks for your honest input.I haven't bought a SOG in quite awhile. I have noticed some retailers from time to time occasionally price them significantly lower.

jbmonkey

Supreme windbag
Platinum Member
Thanks for your honest input.I haven't bought a SOG in quite awhile. I have noticed some retailers from time to time occasionally price them significantly lower.
another thing I noticed on my two. the blade when closed has a tiny bit of play. if ya shake the knife while closed it rattles a bit. doesn't open just bounces tiny amount that makes a rattle sound that is different from the other rattle sound I mentioned earlier. functionally it's nothing, but to someone who likes it closed tight with zero wiggle.....it might annoy them. sorry forgot to mention that..forgot about it until I pulled them back out recently.