• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

People who blatantly and fraudulently sell knives as hand made when they are blanks..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow... if even half of that is true, it's pretty damning.

It comes from his several Internet sites, except the information about what is at the address he gives. THAT came from real estate records.

As for being true, isn't that the point? Mostly it appears to be disingenuous at best.

Google "CFK Cutlery" or CFK knives OR knife and see what you find.

"Our" seems to be Jason G. Baker: http://www.bizapedia.com/or/CFK-CUTLERY-CO.html

"our blade are heat treated to military grade levels"

lol! ;)

I just saw his latest knife, a "hammered skinner", on his website and in G&G for $500. The blank is offered at Texas knife makers for $39.95. This guy is a total scammer and is an insult to the true custom knife makers. On the flip side of the coin, anyone that purchases a knife from him must really be a sucker. CAVEAT EMPTOR.

I just looked at his site and his profile and his knives. Good looking product. I think he has modified his page enough to not be considered a fraud and a scammer. Just barely, but enough. As PT Barnum said, "there's a sucker born every minute.." Well I think he said it but whoever, there's a lot of truth to it. And as they say in the car business "sell the sizzle, not the steak". And he's selling the sizzle to suckers. And that's OK by me. Someone has to do it. I guess:rolleyes:

If someone is willing to pay what he is asking then more power to him. The prices are posted right there on his site.

Anyone look at "CFK Cutlery" (AKA "CFK USA"), a big ePrey seller.

"Our" is he, and he seems to operate out of his home, a 2400 ft single family dwelling.

"CFK" is said to stand for customer forged knives.

Knives come with a certificate of authenticity.

Uses knock-off of MAC SOG logo as business logo.

:cool:

Seems to also dba, at least on ePrey, as "A FISHCREEK CUTLERY CO."

I got a tracker knife from them a while back, I wanted to try the pattern for cheap and didn't want Pakistan junk. Didn't even pay close to what they're asking for now. Seems they've done some remodeling since I picked mine up too... That logo is new to me, along with the whole "tactical, military grade" BS.

What is "military grade levels" anyway?

No idea, but it's certainly nothing special. Heat treat is what I was most concerned with and it seems ok.

As for "fraud and scammer," are these knives in any sense "custom"?

Someone is grinding on them by hand, the imperfections are there to prove it (on mine at least). I would have been pissed If I had paid a good amount money and received what I did.

The registered user above "sirupatespecial" Believes that Williams has modified his info enough so as not to mislead people on the origion of his blades. First off that may be true of a sophisticated buyer or maker but certainly not the average knife buying public. His "blurb" is simple semantics and Bull----. Secondly if you believe that just because a person is not a sophisticated buyer they deserve to get it "stuck to them" (pardon the pun), then you are just as bad as him. And lastly your ingenious close "The prices are posted right there on his website". Well now let me say that you and he are both just loaded with it!!!!.
And before you go doing backflips thru your rear about who I am; I am a full time knife maker. I have been making for forty plus years. I can honestly say that I have never intentionally mislead anyone about my knives. I have sold on this site before, not anymore, everything I make now is already spoken for. Not that any of that makes any difference. The fact still remains that Mr Williams was not providing a totally custom built knife to the un-educated knife market as he was implying.

And in closing if you have read the testimonials on his sight it is very apparent that most of his customers are fellow "low country folks", and trusted that what he was saying was righteous and straight up. A number are women buying presents for their men.

My name is Larry Walker, I live in Forest City NC and I place you right along side of Mr Williams. Of course this is all just my opinion.

The registered user above "sirupatespecial" Believes that Williams has modified his info enough so as not to mislead people on the origion of his blades. First off that may be true of a sophisticated buyer or maker but certainly not the average knife buying public. His "blurb" is simple semantics and Bull----. Secondly if you believe that just because a person is not a sophisticated buyer they deserve to get it "stuck to them" (pardon the pun), then you are just as bad as him. And lastly your ingenious close "The prices are posted right there on his website". Well now let me say that you and he are both just loaded with it!!!!.
And before you go doing backflips thru your rear about who I am; I am a full time knife maker. I have been making for forty plus years. I can honestly say that I have never intentionally mislead anyone about my knives. I have sold on this site before, not anymore, everything I make now is already spoken for. Not that any of that makes any difference. The fact still remains that Mr Williams was not providing a totally custom built knife to the un-educated knife market as he was implying.

And in closing if you have read the testimonials on his sight it is very apparent that most of his customers are fellow "low country folks", and trusted that what he was saying was righteous and straight up. A number are women buying presents for their men.

My name is Larry Walker, I live in Forest City NC and I place you right along side of Mr Williams. Of course this is all just my opinion.

His comments seem pretty negative towards Williams and an emoticon for sarcasm follows his comments about suckers deserving what they get.

The topic is Williams, not each other. If you need someone to attack, you could read the daily headline.

Do you really think that his comments are negative toward Williams? I do agree that the topic is about Williams, however when someone enters the arena advocating that just because a person buys his knives that they deserve what they get. Uneducated people generally associate quality based on outward looks and price. I believe that as responsible people that we should not just feed off of that ignorance. And I am not just looking for someone to attack. What headlines are you referring to?

Just got a heads up about this CFK douche nozzle making a blatant ripoff of our most recognizable design. It's on his facebook as well as ebay.

Just got a heads up about this CFK douche nozzle making a blatant ripoff of our most recognizable design. It's on his facebook as well as ebay.

Well, I guess he hasn't turned over a new leaf after all :rolleyes: :grumpy:

I just glanced at the CFK Facebook page, and noticed the TM Hunt copy along with a few Hossum rip offs.

This guy has no shame. These designs are exceptionally unique, making the theft painfully obvious.

It is disgusting. They are BLATANT ripoffs of very recognizable designs. As mentioned, TM Hunt's design, Jerry Hossom, and plenty of others. His FB page makes me sick. This guy is located a couple of miles away from me, too. The majority of these "Handmade" knives are around $120, too. Amazing. I wish he would share how to make his knives so cheaply, he must be a master of speed and skill to turn them out that quickly and with so little time in them...

Because enough people have stated in this thread that chris williams (the one from SC not NC ) knives are what they are this thread shows in his google search. I wonder how many times CFK knives will have to be mentioned before .......

Here's Mr. CFK himself suggesting tungsten carbide as THE way to go in sharping one of his "custom" "USA" knives:

Note his kitchen "factory."

Wow, this CFK guy has blown up recently with tons of rip offs!

Back when I got my Tracker from him, that and a small generic drop point hunter was all he had listed for sale.

Hope you guys are giving him hell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back