Perrinian Inspiration.

A knife totaly inspired by fred perrin work.
File 5mm thick.
Long 23 cm
weight 204 g
Blade 12 cm, plate bevel, selective oil herdening.
The last cm near the ricasso is only hardened on 3mm high. Too bad for the hardening line.
I had to decide what type of handle to make, and to make my first attempt in kydex sheat making.
droitpe00.jpg

The hardening line fall down at one cm before the beguin of the blade. Too bad

droitpeg1.jpg

Very thick that animal. It's a stock removal work.

droitpeg2.jpg

I have to choose the type of handle. Wood plate, leather plate, paracord wrap, nake file??? What are you thinking about?

droitpeg3.jpg

The grip is good.

droitpeg4.jpg

With reverse grip, i find it's a little aggressive, barbarian way. I like that.

droitpeg4bis.jpg

I'm a barbar...

droitpeg5.jpg

The sharpening is not totaly finished, but i attacked a wood piece with that blade. It's really fun to hit the wood with that strong blade.

What are you thinking about that knife. What is your opinion about the choice of handle type.

Thank for looking :).

@ + ben

Works for me...........you are the 'file-to-knife' King!!!:D

I like it :thumbup:
If I were you I'd re-harden the blade. Then I'd put on some canvas micarta scales. Or some dark wood. Just my opinion :)
Nice work, keep them coming!

Thank you, i won't re harden the blade, because it's harden, I have only a ugly line :).

But i will work on the handle. I will round the heel, round all around. And make a little place for the major finger :).

Dudley , "File to Knife King", that is a title that i love :).

My fixed blade losted 30 g more. Thanks to oufti, now the grip is perfect and, the knife is less heavy than before. A real pleasure to cut the food with. Only 10 mn of work to obtain a real improvment. Thank you Lucas.

The grip

In order to see the finger position on the handle.

Some more polish, and that one will be ready for my father's christmas .

Tomorow i will begin the friction folder for my little brother in law .

I like that knife , I love the utility of the blade shape which could be used for self defense in a hot second.
:thumbup:
I would leave it naked I think. I like 'em nude :D ;)

:thumbup: :D ;)

Supremely designed and executed monsieur! A great worker/fighter package. I suggest slightly contoured G10 or canvas micarta to aid the grip. Good pics to boot!

Thank you for the comment :).

I'm a little unstable, one time the knife is unshiny polished, one time it's satined, one time it's grey - black colored by acid and now it's miror polished. But that is the last level. i think i will keep that type of polishing. maybe i will polish a little the file mark on the handle in order to obtain the same shiny finish :).

In order to test the blade, i made my favorite torture test, shave my leg, and the chorizo test. Hum very good slice :).
Mission accomplied.

Methinks you have way too much time on your hands! :p :D

Seriously, nice work! :thumbup:

Back