• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Persian Moonshine

WalterDavis

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Here's one I've been piddling with here and there in between orders, and finally got around to putting my mark on 'er and blueing it:thumbup: 1/4" 5160, sabre grind, 16" from the tip to the point on the butt, 9" tip-to-plunge line, black canvas micarta scales, and some flat sexy lines:p No sheath, because I really don't have any idea how to put pants on all these curves:eek: Flats are left 'as heat-treated' and the bevels are left with a machine finish. My mark is on the ricasso, but it blends into finish and is very subtle.

Balance point is just behind the plunge line, so if you make use of the generous choil you've got pleny of control of the tip and edge, but wrap your hands around the scales and she's a straight chopping machine! Of, she will be once I put the final edge on 'er;)

persianandmymoonshine039.jpg

persianandmymoonshine011.jpg

persianandmymoonshine021.jpg

persianandmymoonshine034.jpg

Sorry about the in-hand shot, but I can't get my (wide angle lens:eek:) camera to get the entire knife in the picture that close without holding it at an angle!

$165150:eek:, shipping (in the US) and PayPal fees included. I will accept a USPS MO, and I have no problem shipping overseas if you cover the extra postage.

Last edited:
Very nice blade,like the design a lot,one question,why did you start the plunge line
so far from the handle?i think it would look more balanced an inch or so closer to the
scales.but thats just me ,overall good,tuff looking knife
Marc

Walter, that is just SICK man! I love the knives you've been putting out lately. Great job:thumbup:

Very cool---are the handle scales epoxied on to these Moonshine knives?

Warren

Thanks, gents!

Marc, I'd intended to have the edge a bit farther back, but the size and the curves on this one got me distracted:eek: I got focused on keeping the grinds even and by the time they were done, there was no way I was going to risk messing 'em up:D You're right though, and I think on the next one I'll do it without a choil just to see the difference.

Warren, the scales are epoxied on, also. These Moonshines are really designed to be hard workers, and I sure don't want there to be any issues with the scales coming off or there being corrosion underneath them!

Bumping this one back up, with a price drop to $165 (gotta get the girlfriend something for her birthday:D)

What the girlfriend doesn't want knifes for her Birthday? Great Knife... can't wait for my two Walt knives to arrive!

Back to the top, and many thanks for the kind words, gents:thumbup:

Walter, Just saw this one. ( You know why I've been busy:0) I love this monster. Each knife I see of yours gets nastier and nastier! I bet my drop point of yours out chops it though ;).
T

Back