• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Good Peters' Heat Treating

David Mary

pass the mustard - after you cut it
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Peters' Heat Treating has done three jobs for me so far, one big knife just over a year ago as a one-off (my main heat treater at the time, Jarod Todd, did not have an oven big enough for it) and now two more full runs of AEBL (now that Jarod is backed up and trying to get caught up). In a short time they have proven to me that they care about the knife making industry and about building relationships with their customers, even small potatoes customers like me. I had New Jersey Steel baron waterjet some blanks, and send them to Peter's, and Peters' had them processed within a few weeks, and kept me in the loop from start to finish. Jen (shipping) and Brad (head of Blade Division) even took significant time out of their days to handle questions over the phone. They were both friendly, professional, and very helpful. Peters' is a family owned business that I am happy to have begun a relationship with, and would not hesitate to recommend to other knife makers.

I don't know why they didn't have a thread here yet showing them the appreciation they deserve. Now they do.

I got a custom knife from Richard338 Richard338 and he had it sent off to Peter’s for heat treat too. It’s an awesome blade and gets used every evening in the kitchen.

And Carothers uses Peters' also. If that is not an endorsement of their service, I don't know what is.

Brad Stallsmith has forgotten more about heat treating than I will ever know! I have trusted Peters' with all my blades for years.

Queen used Peters for their D2 and had a P on the tang to designate it.

JT is the best when outsourcing. I do all my heat treating now. I've used one other big name and wasn't happy with it.

Back