PGA#5 for 2/21 -- 18" CHITLANGI by Kesar

Here's a great 18 inch, 21 ounce, very, very agile Chitlangi by Kesar. Great khukuri, excellently done karda and chakma. Fine scabbard and frog by village sarki.

Take this winner for $95 delivered to your door.

Call or email if interested.

Attachments

• pga#5 for 2-21 -- 18 inch chitlani by kesar.jpg
    pga#5 for 2-21 -- 18 inch chitlani by kesar.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 334
Help me, help me, help me!

I couldn't stand it and bought this thing.
I even waited as long as I could hoping someone else would buy it.....is my karma to be poor?

I was trying to hold out for something by another kami besides Kesar since the two I have are also by him. should be interesting to compare to my 18" GS though. Same kami, same weight within 1 oz. Two variables controlled--is that research???

Originally posted by firkin
Help me, help me, help me!

I couldn't stand it and bought this thing.
I even waited as long as I could hoping someone else would buy it.....is my karma to be poor?

I was trying to hold out for something by another kami besides Kesar since the two I have are also by him. should be interesting to compare to my 18" GS though. Same kami, same weight within 1 oz. Two variables controlled--is that research???

NO Firkin, do not confuse HIKV with "Research". You apear to have the Kesar strain of HIKV. Now, if you let your HIKV do the research then I guess you could say it is. Just remember to never Confuse "Research" with true HIKV indused research.:D

Kesar strain of HIKV

dunno....I thought I was consciously looking for one by somebody else since I got my first one by Kesar. I suppose denial may one of the symptoms ("I can stop anytime I want!").

Then the 18" GS and Chitlangi came up....I think what I have is the fuller strain. At under $100, I'm powerless to resist--I did manage not to buy some 21"-ers by other kamis.

firkin -
I have an 18" GS and a 21" Chitlangi. Both handle admirably well, although differently. Hard to explain the differences, but they are in their own special class as quick blades. Be sure to post your side-by-side when you have both, and the "new" has worn off.

BTW - Jag & Prem brought the Chitlangi to BirGorkha with their "test piece", which Yvsa owns. The kamis do these regional blade styles down to the last detail, and this may include dyed wood on the handle (at least that is how mine appeared - it had more than just excess rouge, and my other Durbas showed no signs of this). Chitlang is an old, old village and may have traditions of its' own, even to using red dye on items because of the copper mines there. Keep Ma Murphy's Oil soap handy, and let us know.

OK Wal,

May be a while, I'm still pretty early in re-finishing the GS handle. In the photo looks like big gold bands in the Chitlangi handle--that and the nice big karda and chakma were what sent me over the precipice of fiscal irresponsibilty.

Splurged and bought some fancy wax to protect all that sanding/oiling. Howard Citrus-Shield. Contains orange oil and carnuba. Know it? Since the Murphy's soap smells citrusy and seems to blend well with the tung oil, I thought this might too. 2x Johnsons wax price, but 12oz is a BIG supply. Smells good too.

HHHHHMMMMmm...looks like I gotta go wax shopping...was this your corner drugstore again?

Paste or liquid??

Got the Howard Citrus Shield at Ace Hardware in the furniture finishing section...right next to the Johnsons. It is a paste in a light yellow tin. They have an extensive line of products--probably the most expensive stuff in that department. There was also another product in a clear squeeze bottle that contained, among other things, beeswax. The paste looked better to me since they say it can be used on brass, copper, and other metals. Seems to contain only natural waxes and the orange oil. The guy at the store said that all their stuff goes pretty fast and seems to be the most popular line with people who do a lot of that furniture work.

All these items you guys talk about I can find locally, except for Flitz. Is that a mail order only product?

Bob, I can't find Flitz around here, either. A few years ago it was on the shelves at all the hardware stores, and Wal Mart. I haven't hit the motorcycle shops yet - if they don't have Flitz, they will almost certainly have SimiChrome, which is as good, or perhaps better.

Thanks Wal, I tried our local cycle shop and they carry Simichrome. Off to the store in the AM for some polish:)

Bob -
While you're at the shop, talk to them about ways to apply it (like with steel wool for rust removal). I've seen show bikes with cases that looked 10' deep, and the owners just smiled and said "SimiChrome".

Wal,
Believe it or not most Gun Shows will have flitz & Tuff cloth, if you get the Tuff cloth(Smokey Mountain has it too, I think)get the Marine Tuff Cloth. If you can't get any of this stuff,mail me!
jim

Back