Phil Boguszewski, sweet folder!

Gary W. Graley

“Imagination is more important than knowledge"
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I received this folder today from Larry at BladeArt.com, arrived for a sheath fit up, but I was very impressed with Phil's work that I asked Larry if I could post the knife here...he said sure, he had sent it back to Phil to look at, Phil made this about 5 years ago and it even impressed him! LOL! Larry said this was a keeper for him and I can't say that I blame him, though the blade style isn't one I normally like the knife opens soooo smoothly and locks up solid. It has a flipper of sorts from the integral guard, when the knife is closed you can press lightly on the top flipper while moving the knife outwards and it opens and locks up nicely! As smooth or smoother than the Cobra I once saw...The handle is a burgundy micarta with a single liner for the lock and a matching burgundy spacer.

Blade is about 3 3/4" or so...don't have a ruler handy but compared it to my wood inlay I have next to me...:)
The blade is HIGHLY mirror polished, black from the scanning deal but it's nice eh?

Enjoy!
G2

Nice Gary. Did Phil lend his name to CS new stiletto design they now sell? Looks pretty much like it or maybe CS ripped off the design.
Bob

Bob, don't know, that blade shape has been around a long time and I doubt very seriously that the CS version opens anywhere near as dreamy as this one does, simply amazing fit and finish on this piece.

The black lines you see are rubber inserts for gripping, just a nice package!

G2

Originally posted by Strider
Nice Gary. Did Phil lend his name to CS new stiletto design they now sell? Looks pretty much like it or maybe CS ripped off the design.
Bob

For the record, Boguszewski was in on the Ti-Lite project. CS consulted him for the design of the knife. Hence, the reason why it looks so much like his own customs ;)

Another course in what is the feast for the eyes on this forum. That's great looking knife! :)

Yeah that is a beauty Gary.., as long as stilettos have been around, they still always catch my eye. Thanks for the picture Gary...

"Hunters seek what they [WANT].., Seekers hunt what they [NEED]"

Back