Philippines knife laws

It is unlawful to carry outside of one's residence any bladed, pointed or blunt weapon such as 'knife', 'spear', 'pana', 'dagger', 'bolo', 'barong', 'kris', or 'chako', except where such articles are being used as necessary tools or implements to earn a livelihood or in pursuit of a lawful activity. Presidential decree #9. Don't get caught with a balisong or auto they will at minimum take it away if you look rich you might have to bribe your way out of jail. I have lived here just over 6 years. I have carried my crap assisted open Chinese copy everywhere with no issues even used it in the mall to cut food. Now I'm looking to buy a Kizer Begleiter Mini.

It is unlawful to carry outside of one's residence any bladed, pointed or blunt weapon such as 'knife', 'spear', 'pana', 'dagger', 'bolo', 'barong', 'kris', or 'chako', except where such articles are being used as necessary tools or implements to earn a livelihood or in pursuit of a lawful activity. Presidential decree #9. Don't get caught with a balisong or auto they will at minimum take it away if you look rich you might have to bribe your way out of jail. I have lived here just over 6 years. I have carried my crap assisted open Chinese copy everywhere with no issues even used it in the mall to cut food. Now I'm looking to buy a Kizer Begleiter Mini.
Personally, I would just carry a good quality, small, lockblade folder. Spyderco Tenacious or a 3" Cold Steel medium "Voyager" should be OK. Stainless steel blade and polymer handle should hold up well in the tropical heat and humidity of the Philippines.

When I was in the Boy Scouts over there, we would carry our knives as part of our uniform in school. I also always had a SAK in my watch pocket.

Personally, I would just carry a good quality, small, lockblade folder. Spyderco Tenacious or a 3" Cold Steel medium "Voyager" should be OK. Stainless steel blade and polymer handle should hold up well in the tropical heat and humidity of the Philippines.
I have the QSP Hawk I had it shipped here by Amazon. I have never had an issue carrying and I have been here over 6 years I carry it everywhere.

A fix blade is legal or illegal to carry?

Illegal unless "being used as necessary tools or implements to earn a livelihood or in pursuit of a lawful activity"

That you can't carry a balisong in the Philippines is a travesty of justice. I do know there are multiple vendors making them over there, how do they get around the law?

Back