Phosphor bronze washer size?

To make a long story short, I inherited (Well, I paid $20) a Medium G10 Espada from a friend at work. It's a bit rough around the edges, but should work fine once I'm able to clean it up and sharpen it. But, it is missing one of the phosphor bronze washers. Does anyone happen to know the dimensions of the washers that CS uses and what website I might be able to order one from?

Any info is very much appreciated.

To make a long story short, I inherited (Well, I paid $20) a Medium G10 Espada from a friend at work. It's a bit rough around the edges, but should work fine once I'm able to clean it up and sharpen it. But, it is missing one of the phosphor bronze washers. Does anyone happen to know the dimensions of the washers that CS uses and what website I might be able to order one from?

Any info is very much appreciated.

Have you contacted CS Customer Service to inquire about them fixing it for you?

Likely any cost in shipping will still be less than purchasing a PB washer from US Knifemaker's Supply.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

The pivot is metric (4mm screw with 6 point something mm barrel). The PB washers on mine measured out to ~.244" ID and ~.550" OD and .005" thick. On each side is a PB washer (against scale) and equal sized Teflon washer (against blade). If you still have the Teflon washer on that side, you could go with a .25" ID x .5" OD x .005" PB washer from usaknifemaker.com (search for "bronze washer"). If both washers are gone, go with the same size but in a .010" thickness. The .005" ones are currently out of stock, so you might be better off just going with the .010" version in any case, and just removing the Teflon washer, if it is still there.

Last edited:
Back