Photo Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received my RC-4S today. Great knife! Great company! Great contest! I can wait to take it in field to get some shots of it in action. Rat Cutlery has a customer for life. Thank You for the prize and the recognition.

Jacob

I also received my RC-3 and RC-4 prizes.:D

Thanks again for the great contest and generosity!

Hey Jeff, I would love to enter this contest since I just got my 1st RAT 3, but I am unsure exactly what format to take the pictures in, could you please tell me which one of these settigns woudl be acceptable...

12.0 mp (4:3)
10.7 mp (3:2)
9.0 mp (16:9)
6.0 mp (4:3)
3.1 mp (4:3)
2.2 mp (3:2)
2.1 mp (16:9)
1.2 mp (4:3)

These are my picture setting options, I do not know how to figure out what what would be 600 pixels ate the widest side or what 72 DPI is... sorry I am not knowlegable in the camera department...

You will need to re-size them with the software that came with your camera. Re-size them to 72 DPI and 600 pixels wide at the widest side of the photo.

If you still can't figure out how to do it, email or call me and I'll be glad to help you out.

Uggggghh, I am so fustrated, my software that came with my camera has tons of editing options but NO resizing anywhere? The only way I know how to resize a picture is in paintshop, and thats only by percentages, so I have no idea how to get my pics to the proper size, can anyone recommend a free software program I can download?

OMG, thank you tgt3!!!!!!!! It worked perfectly and now my pics are resized! I great appreciate the help!

If you still can't figure out how to do it, email or call me and I'll be glad to help you out.

Thank you very much, but another member just helped me out, I am sorry I didn't see your post until now...I just sent my 1st picture, which I think came out very nice...:D

Thanks again for the contest!

Hey, I was wondering, are we allowed to post our entry pictures into the gallery section here on the forum? Or not until after the contest is over...?

Ok, my 5 entries are in, I just wanted to say to everyone good luck! Can't wait to see all the entries on the website when its over...

Last edited:
I haven't got all the photos up yet. So it will probably be after we get back from Peru before we have our photo judge do the judging.

Second quarter entries are posted here: http://www.ratcutlery.com/photo_entries2.htm

Now, with that said, some folks are not following the rules when it comes to photo sizing, DPI, and simply sending me your full name and address with the submission. I will not correct any submissions from this point forward. I don't have time to correct your photo mistakes. If they are not by the rules, they simply will not be published and we will not contact you saying they are wrong. FOLLOW THE DAMN RULES so I don't have to take my time to get you entered into our contest so you can win free knives from us.

Simple RULES:

To enter you must email your photo to jeff@ratcutlery.com. You will be disqualified if you do not use the correct email address or fail to follow the contest rules. We will not notify you that you did not follow the rules. Your photos simply will not be published.

Contest Rules:

Emailed photo samples must be sized as 600 pixels (widest side) x 72 DPI. Widest side mean the side that is the longest. 72 DPI means 72 DPI, not 96 DPI, not 100 DPI, but 72 DPI!

You must provide a full name and address with your submission.

Each contestant may enter up to 5 photos for each quarterly contest. If more than 5 or sent, only the first 5 will be entered into the contest.

Photos must be of RAT Cutlery knives. Ontario RAT knives not accepted.

Field photos and/or studio shots accepted.

Photographer must maintain a high-resolution photo on file (minimum 1800 pixels at the widest side) until the end of the contest.

Photographer agrees to provide RAT Cutlery a copy of the winning photo in high-resolution format.

RAT Cutlery has the right to publish or use the photos as they see fit, including using the photo in advertising, electronic and print media.

Photos will be judged by a panel of photographers on the last day of each quarter.

The winning photographer's name and photo will be posted on our web site and forums.

I like the shot of the RC-3 stuck in the weeping willow - nice one - who ever it was! The fishing pole/bobber struck my fancy too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back