Photos! Post your CPK photos here!

I am trying to be patient and get a good sunny day so I can take some better quality pictures … but I wanted to post these … I love both knives … and I love the beautiful Koa scales Tony … TRfromMT TRfromMT … so kindly made the Koa scales for both knives … so here are a few pics until I can take better ones ...

View attachment 1156842
View attachment 1156846

and the pair ... Thanks again Tony ... you have a talent my friend !

View attachment 1156843
View attachment 1156844

Believe it or not, both of those scales came from a single slab of Koa. They're twins.

Believe it or not, both of those scales came from a single slab of Koa. They're twins.

You can see that on the non show side ... I am getting perturbed waiting for a sunny day when I have time to get several pictures taken ...

These really look awesome in sunlight ...

So hopefully soon I get a good day to take pictures all day ... I need pictures of my knives and guns for insurance purposes ...

But I have several others I would like to get pics of too ... so crossing my eyes for a sunny day next week while I'm free!!!

iyzjo4.jpg

Those shivs are beautiful Bob, do you think if I asked Nathan, with a pony or two thrown in, he’d do one more of those? Again Bob, thanks for sharing.

Martin, those two SHIVS were new/old stock that had been on order for two, maybe three years - and finally got into process. I don't think there have been any left available for all that time.

I know I'm in the way minority, and I'm sure the Shivs are great, but something I don't like about them aesthetically. Think it's the ratio of the fuller width to the blade width...if the fuller was thinner, or maybe not there at all, I think I'd like it a lot more. Sorry!:oops: Let the verbal beatdown commence!:eek:

Last edited:
I know I'm in the way minority, and I'm sure the Shivs are great, but something I don't like about them aesthetically. Think it's the ratio of the blood groove width to the blade width...if the groove was thinner, or maybe not there at all, I think I'd like it a lot more. Sorry!:oops: Let the verbal beatdown commence!:eek:

No need to be apologetic for expressing your opinion although you deserve a "smack" on the wrist for referring to a fuller as a blood-groove. Quickly correct yourself lest Bob.B notices that form of blasphemy, LOL!

There's a background history about the Shiv which I will not go into but Nathan had stated in the past that the pattern was done with and that he would not repeat / resurrect the Shiv, or at least as we know it. There're impracticality aspects to the Shiv and I guess that is why years ago Nathan developed his Utility Fighter (UF) which is a much more practical tool even though it is not a pure annihilator like the Shiv was designed to be.

For some of us like yours truly, the Shiv has that "collectors" allure instead of practical applications. IMHO the original Shiv was VASTLY underpriced as compared to some pieces of "similarly" designed tools (I used the term similarly very loosely as I don't think that the competition came close) which were retailed at 2 x the original price of the Shivs. It is really no wonder to me that the old Shivs get traded around very easily at twice/more of their original prices because to a collector there's value there in comparison to whatever else may catches one's fancy.

No need to be apologetic for expressing your opinion although you deserve a "smack" on the wrist for referring to a fuller as a blood-groove. Quickly correct yourself lest Bob.B notices that form of blasphemy, LOL!

There's a background history about the Shiv which I will not go into but Nathan had stated in the past that the pattern was done with and that he would not repeat / resurrect the Shiv, or at least as we know it. There're impracticality aspects to the Shiv and I guess that is why years ago Nathan developed his Utility Fighter (UF) which is a much more practical tool even though it is not a pure annihilator like the Shiv was designed to be.

For some of us like yours truly, the Shiv has that "collectors" allure instead of practical applications. IMHO the original Shiv was VASTLY underpriced as compared to some pieces of "similarly" designed tools (I used the term similarly very loosely as I don't think that the competition came close) which were retailed at 2 x the original price of the Shivs. It is really no wonder to me that the old Shivs get traded around very easily at twice/more of their original prices because to a collector there's value there in comparison to whatever else may catches one's fancy.

Sorry again!:oops: Corrected, but of course your post has preserved it for posterity:D

Back