• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Phrobis MFK 9010 Field Knife user

AncientSword

Gold Member
Got this knife from a friend a while back. It is a user, for sure. Needs a good edge restored. The sheath tensioner inside the sheath is rusting a bit and depositing color on the blade. I applied oil liberally on it. Not sure if there is a way to get in there and clean the spring up.

I think this would be the MFK or 9010 model? Not sure, don't know much about these.

I don't have the belt attachment for the sheath.

*sold* Looking for $45, shipped ConUS. *sold

Paypal preferred.

Last edited:
Did Buck make all these for Phrobis?

Years ago now, I seen an ad for these with the armed service logo engraved on the sheath. They didn't offer the Coast Guard though. So I wrote them a letter explaining my disappointment. I was polite. They wrote back saying it wasn't a slight towards the CG, but an economics decision as they figured they wouldn't sell enough to make it pay for the setup, etc.

And also included was a knife, with a CG logo on the sheath. They said they did a one off for me because of my letter. Which I thought was pretty cool.

Still have it. That was quite awhile ago now. I never realized that Buck did these. Well, never researched it either.

Received the knife today, thanks AncientSword. Sorry, BladeScout this is staying with me.

Joe58, Buck and Phrobis were connected, not sure how and not sure of the maker of this knife. Buck did make the Phrobis M9 for them, might have made this one also. Preston

Mickey Finn of phrobis had a fall out with buck knives over the m9 contract.
Having no manufacturing capability,
The design firm later turned to Marto of Toledo, Spain
Which manufactured products such as the failed seals combat utility knife CUK
And the commercial variant being the modular field knife MFK
phrobis%20flyer%203.jpg

Back