Pic request WWIIs

Anybody has a side by side pic of the 16.6" and 18" HI WWIIs? I have a 16.5" on the way and am thinking I want a bigger Khuk. Tsimi's rants seem to have induced a "bigger is better" philosophy in me...

Thanks
Andrew Limsk

Originally posted by redvenom
Anybody has a side by side pic of the 16.5" and 18" HI WWIIs? I have a 16.5" on the way and am thinking I want a bigger Khuk. Tsimi's rants seem to have induced a "bigger is better" philosophy in me...

Thanks
Andrew Limsk

It's not a great pic, but the one from the HI site shows the 2 in comparison:

khuk51.jpg

Not an enormous difference - but I think you probably do need one of each size, just to make sure ;)

B.

Just my two cents worth.....

Two years ago I got my first HI khuk, A 16.5 inch horn handle ww2 by Bura. It just "feels" right. All of my other knives are judged by it. To say that It is anything less than perfect would insult the blade! I won't say that I think the 16.5 incher is the better length, just that I think you should wait until you TOUCH one and see how it feels. Mine has everything just right.:D

Now if you HAVE to get a longer blade, there's this thing called a Chitlangi......:rolleyes:

Andrew - I am still waiting for letters fr postal (ie. for your parcel and mine as well) - Bi-izni-(A)llaah hopefully those letters to contain statement "pls collect your parcel at post Office" which means alhamdu-li-(A)llaah it is to be collected with estimated tax + duty.

Hmmm... I always thought those two in the picture were the same size - either that or I need to fix up the glasses again... ;)

Mohd: Thank you pakcik. I am not in a hurry - I have been looking for a khukuri for so many years a little waiting will not hurt.

Andrew Limsk

Mohd and Pakcik have not failed yet -- we came close when some khukuris were stolen at KL airport but, amazingly (or perhaps NOT so amazingly when you stop and think about it), they were recovered and Mohd got them -- a little late but he got them and that's the bottom line.

Pakcik Bill & Andrew

Alhamdu-li-(A)llaah! Saturday 2/16 I received letter fr Custom people - This morning (ie. Sunday 2/17) I went there and managed to collect the parcel which contains Andrew's 16" Wooden Handled WW II and 15" Wooden Handled Sirupati.

Alhamdu-li-(A)llaah again because the Custom people who inspected those two Khukuries were in good mood - even one of them told me that he has a Khukuri which he bought about some 20 years ago from a Nepalese Salesmen (ie. selling all sort of stone and antiquities). He claimed that his Khukuri can cut 50 cents coin into two without denting the blade. He promised to show me his treasured Khukuri the next time I go there provided I have to inform him about my coming there.

Anyhow those Khuks were taxed for RM76 (ie. about USD $19) - I guess that amount should be OK for Andrew. So Andrew pls email me - pls let me know on when and where to collect those two "Nepaly Steel Handicrafts" from me - For the time being they were insyaa-Allaah safe in the bonnet of my old car.

Where's Andrew?

I guess he still celebrating Chinese New Year - Tis new year is a Horse Year - I heard some of them celebrate it for about 15 days till what they called as Chap Go Meh.

Mohd,

Once again thanks for your help in this venture. Will mail you soonest when I get home. My company net access blocks my Yahoo mail account :mad:

Andrew

Back