Pick One - LT Wright Genesis Scandi or Bark River Bravo 1? (Both in 3V)

Pick One!

• LT Wright Genesis Scandi 3V

• Bark River Bravo1 3V

Results are only viewable after voting.
Just for fun:

You have these two knives on a table in front of you, and are told to keep one. Without getting into ANY further discussion as to the intended use, class of knife, cons and pros or other details, etc.

Which knife do you pick?

The LT Wright because it isn't Bark River. So simple!

:D
LOL Craytab, can you elaborate in a few words why? I think I have a pretty good idea even through my limited experience with BR, but I wanna hear your account.

There’s nothing wrong with either brand but you’ll find some of the top posters make their minds up about a brand and want you to follow their lead.
Bark River has a lot of variation with scales. If you’re into all those exotic woods and resin combos, BRK will have something for you.

I wouldn’t turn either knife down, but I lean toward the LT Wright.

If I was looking for a fancier handle, I would choose the Bark River myself. LT Wright makes a pretty good knife. Still don't own one of their's.

Just depends on what you want. Different knives. Genesis is a kephart with a scandi grind and more neutral handle. Bravo is thicker stock, convex edge, and drop point. You can get a convex Genesis which brings them a little closer.

For what I use them for, I prefer the spear point of the Genesis and neutral handle. I also prefer the stock, JRE sheath LT includes. Both are good knives though.

I don't know what the issue is with Bark River but obviously some people have a problem with them. I have had maybe three of them and currently own one. I have not had much use with any of them but they seem nice. I remember sending one back for sharpening and they did an excellent job. Overall I like Bark River and I think they make a better looking knife than LTW. From that limited experience I would choose BRK pretty much any time over LTW.

LOL Craytab, can you elaborate in a few words why? I think I have a pretty good idea even through my limited experience with BR, but I wanna hear your account.
BRKT has a history of poor business practices including not taking responsibility for mislabeled steels, burning up blades or poor HT, and Mike Stewart has his own colorful history. I've had 3-4 BRKT knives over the years. None of them exploded and I believe they were all the steel as advertised, but grinding was off on several. Way too many manufacturers out the that have zero drama surrounding them for me to give my money to BRKT. To each their own of course.

There’s nothing wrong with either brand but you’ll find some of the top posters make their minds up about a brand and want you to follow their lead.
Bark River has a lot of variation with scales. If you’re into all those exotic woods and resin combos, BRK will have something for you.

I wouldn’t turn either knife down, but I lean toward the LT Wright.
Hey look! I'm a top poster!

....and I disagree. Fact is, there are plenty of issues surrounding the BRKT brand.

So you didn't really mean it when you the wrote the following:

"Without getting into ANY further discussion as to the intended use, class of knife, cons and pros or other details, etc. "

Good thread...

Both are great knives. The Genesis is more of a bushcraft style. The Bravo is more of a all-arounder. The handles are totally different.
Both are very popular for good reason.

I like the blade shape and thumb ramp on the BR better then the LTW. I just wish the BR was made of a little thinner stock. I wish the LTW was made of slightly thicker stock.

I'd probably pick the BR knife.

I honestly don't know what is fact or fiction regarding BR and Mike Stewart. I've on been on the forums here over a decade, so I've seen the posts.
As a life long resident of MI, I'm probably guilty of being biased toward the MI company.

If you want to avoid BR and Mike Stewart, that is your right as a consumer. LT Wright seems like a great guy and builds a great knife.

I, for the record, own one BR knife. A Bravo 1.25 in A2. Great knife.

lt wright... brk is very good but lt wright is more reliable and just one step ahead of brk in general.

I like the blade shape and thumb ramp on the BR better then the LTW. I just wish the BR was made of a little thinner stock. I wish the LTW was made of slightly thicker stock.

I'd probably pick the BR knife.

I honestly don't know what is fact or fiction regarding BR and Mike Stewart. I've on been on the forums here over a decade, so I've seen the posts.
As a life long resident of MI, I'm probably guilty of being biased toward the MI company.

If you want to avoid BR and Mike Stewart, that is your right as a consumer. LT Wright seems like a great guy and builds a great knife.

I, for the record, own one BR knife. A Bravo 1.25 in A2. Great knife.
If you opened it up to the LT version of the Bravo... you drop down to .156" in 3v.

Back