Picked up a R.W Loveless for KCC Blade at Flea Market

Hello All, Sorry I'm reposting this in the custom section as well. Been a while and I picked up a R.W Loveless original drop point blade for the Knife Collectors Club and was shocked to see the prices being paid out there. Blade looks unused but has a little rust from sitting around in a box or something since seller seemed to think it was a kitchen knife. Did I find a good piece? I've picked up a few batches of custom knives at estate sales before and sold but is this a keeper? Should I have the rust spots restored? Thanks

https://imgur.com/a/mgsugFR

Looks like a keeper to me. However I'm no expert by any means. I'm sure others with far more experience will be along. If it is a keeper I'd have it appraised by a Loveless expert. Loveless knives command very high prices.

Thanks. Will just give it a coat of oil and enjoy if for now. Might sell and pick up some other knives I can actually use . I didn't realize the importance of his work.

That's a doozy. It should be a keeper. :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Loveless shop made a special run of Semi-Skinners for the A.G. Russell Knife Club around that time. That's probably one of them. The handle material was coral micarta. Maybe send an e-mail to A.G. Russell's customer service, they could probably forward it to the right person for more info?

I wouldn't mess with it, just use it for what it was intended for. :thumbsup:

The sheath is interesting, do you have a photo of the reverse side?

if it were me, I'd sell it!

if it were me, I'd sell it!

Hello All, after thinking about it, its beautiful but really not the kind of knife I would use and I'm not a keep. It in the safe type. I'm really more of a Japanese sword collector and I have a nice Herron which covers this category. I think I'm going to sell. It and put the money towards a nice Katana I've been eyeing. I also can't imagine using a nifeba some of the values I see as a user (I live in NYC so not really a daily use knife). Might end up posting it on eBay or something once I figure what it's real value is. I'd be scared to use it . I do feel very lucky as I also found another nice Herron and a Lile as well.

Hello All, after thinking about it, its beautiful but really not the kind of knife I would use and I'm not a keep. It in the safe type. I'm really more of a Japanese sword collector and I have a nice Herron which covers this category. I think I'm going to sell. It and put the money towards a nice Katana I've been eyeing. I also can't imagine using a nifeba some of the values I see as a user (I live in NYC so not really a daily use knife). Might end up posting it on eBay or something once I figure what it's real value is. I'd be scared to use it . I do feel very lucky as I also found another nice Herron and a Lile as well.

There's dealers, such as AGRussell who would be happy to sell it for you as well. Bet ya you've already been contacted :)

The Loveless shop has always had helpers in some form. And... (like it or don't) they are still operating. I would contact and talk to Russell K. and see if a refurbish and polish is something they would consider. THEN the knife might be worth substantially more. Doing so in the place of it's origin would increase it's provenance, methinks.

The Loveless shop has always had helpers in some form. And... (like it or don't) they are still operating. I would contact and talk to Russell K. and see if a refurbish and polish is something they would consider. THEN the knife might be worth substantially more. Doing so in the place of it's origin would increase it's provenance, methinks.

I contacted Russ, and will be sending the knife in to be cleaned up where needed. Thanks

That's a doozy. It should be a keeper. :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Loveless shop made a special run of Semi-Skinners for the A.G. Russell Knife Club around that time. That's probably one of them. The handle material was coral micarta. Maybe send an e-mail to A.G. Russell's customer service, they could probably forward it to the right person for more info?

I wouldn't mess with it, just use it for what it was intended for. :thumbsup:

The sheath is interesting, do you have a photo of the reverse side?

You are absolutely correct 100 made

Back