Pics of customized production knives

My "Stubby 8".

2.5 Blade for 50 state legality.

ShowKnives056.jpg

ShowKnives053.jpg

Simply hammered down the guard on my ka-bar, and made the unfinished choil on the Rift with a pair of pliers and my coarse diamond stone.

Does that Kabar fit in its sheath anymore? It seems like that hammered-down guard would obstruct both kinds of produciton Kabar sheaths I've owned.

Some lock bar file work on two previously identical (other than color) Enduras
img9924k.jpg

Some waving and polishing (Pacific Salt below, Endura 4 above)
img9323i.jpg

:eek::eek::eek: WOW!! I didn't know H1 could polish like that.... WoW! Who did the filework? I love it!!

Wow there is some very stunning work being displayed here... That texturized sebbie is awesome, I wish we would see more utilitarian pimped models like this coming directly from Chris Reeves. And the 710 is to die for! I'm not even a 710 fan myself but that thing is just amazing!

Some lock bar file work on two previously identical (other than color) Enduras
img9924k.jpg

Some blade spine rounding (same knives as above)
img9927t.jpg

Some waving and polishing (Pacific Salt below, Endura 4 above)
img9323i.jpg

hey those all look sick.

did you do the wave on the pacific salt yourself? if not then who did

:eek::eek::eek: WOW!! I didn't know H1 could polish like that.... WoW! Who did the filework? I love it!!

Thanks!

hey those all look sick.

did you do the wave on the pacific salt yourself? if not then who did

I should check this thread more often. Thanks for the kind words guys!

Everything I have posted I have done myself.

H-1 polishes to a mirror, and it is quite easy to polish. I could snap a photo of that knife in the image for you right now...I have carried it 6-7 times since that photo and used it HARD and the polish is still 98% as bright as the day I did it.

I did the wave and the file work also. It is not as hard as some may think to do, but getting the pattern to be uniform/balanced is the tough part.

I started work on my Endura Trainer this weekend if you are interested...
img9551t.jpg

img9547r.jpg

Here is a photo of the polished H-1 that I just took while typing this (not bad for a phone pic). Honestly, I am very surprised at how well the polish is holding up...I really thought it would be scratched and marred all to heck by now. I am resolved to re-polish it when it does (it is relaxing work...as is the file work).

photofb.jpg

I make a few videos of this stuff, and am working on some more "how-to" videos if anyone is interested. Here is my page:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ewerstruly
Thanks again!

Last edited:
Damn, this thread is fantastic:thumbup: I need to make friends with some of you guys.

Back