pics of Micarta handled knives

This is the first knife that i made, I did it last year, I like micarta. This is electrical micarta.
bladeupcs6.jpg

note the bad photos (retro couch!), and finish is not complete in these pics
logpropervx4.jpg

my.php

Black micarta handle with bolsters made from tool steel. The blade is from ck75.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Regards Murat

huugh,

what kind of micarta are the Ranger Knives? They look all dried out and worn down. Is this due to wear and tear over the years? and aggressive sand-blasting? the kind of micarta?

Hmm, I don't really know if it's linen or canvas micarta, however, these pics are taken when the knife was practically new so it sure is not wear and tear. My guess is that they are finished only with rough grit but they are not textured and in hand they do not feel rough.

Micarta is my favorite handle material, especially the natural, green and brown colors. here's a few
3-24hike014.jpg

newhike002.jpg

forsale007.jpg

koster001.jpg

great looking pix/handles tknife ... that Nick Allen W&SS Knife keeps looking better and better to me :cool:
here's an STR modified Spyderco Lava/Navigator 2 with burgundly linen micarta:

micartalava012.jpg

Micarta is my favorite handle material, especially the natural, green and brown colors. here's a few
3-24hike014.jpg

newhike002.jpg

forsale007.jpg

koster001.jpg

yeah, these are gorgeous. Do you have any info on them, what finish on each one specifically? looks like Tan, Brown, Green, Tan, Tan for color, this right?

All are natural colored Micarta except the two green ones. They are from different makers and at different stages of use, plus the lighting makes the colors look a bit different too. I believe they are all canvas Micarta as well.

Yes it is an inexpensive knife but it shows what you can do with a layered micarta to form a pattern to add to the design of the knife...

roghrider.jpg

Here are a few of my knives done in Micarta. I more often use G10 but occassionally micarta.

Pathfinder - Burgandy Linen Micarta - finished to 400grit
Pathfinder-Micarta.jpg

Hunter - Black Canvas Micarta - Finish 400grit
Hunter-Oct30,2007.jpg

Kestrel-B - Black Canvas Micarta - Buffed Finish
Kestrel-B-blkMicarta.jpg

River Knife - Green Linen Micarta - Finish 400grit
River-GrnMicarta.jpg

Sean

Durable, and versatile in appearance. I love the grain, so I take the effort to show it. :thumbup:

Here's some nice dressy black handles:

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Some high-dollar utility knives.... ;)

Coop

It is not a knife, but it was made by a very creative knife maker (Mark Williams) for my mom. The micarta on the handle is just too cool as is the rest of the stick.
attachment.php

My brand new SLB which I scored today at the Durham, CT gun swap.

Thank you Bug Out Gear USA.

Full pictorial review of this knife will be here soon.

picture.JPG

Back